8 - Its Not Lying

Three things cannot be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~Buddha

Luke's POV

Sitting at the table was none other then Michael's clique, Vanessa, Victor, Brandon, Winston, Terri and Garret.

"Hey guys! We're here!" Calum said as he ran over to his friends and I stood slightly behind Michael.

"C'mon Luke." Michael said and grabbed my hand but I quickly pulled it back.

"Michael are you insane?" I whisper-yelled.

"No?"

"What the hell is wrong with your brain then?! What in the cosmos makes you think I want to go partake in activities with your friends?" I squeaked.

"C'mon don't be a baby about it." Michael sighed.

"Michael you know how rude they are to me and you try to force me into this? Is that the reason you invited me in the first place? To make me uncomfortable?" I made a tortured noise as my voice broke.

"No I just wanted you to be friends with them." Michael groaned. "Luke get over yourself and come here."

"No." I said when Michael began walking away. "I'm leaving."

"You're gonna walk? It's like a forty minute walk just back to where we found you." Michael rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I am walking." I said with folded arms. "Goodbye Michael."

"Luke, get back here." Michael whined as I walked towards the door.

"Michael just let him go, if he doesn't want to be cool, if he just wants to be the little stupid loser he is. Let him." I heard Vanessa's voice pricked my ears as she spoke.

"Vanessa lay off -"

"Michael. Seriously why are you defending him?" Vanessa scoffed.

"I-I'm not." Michael stuttered and my eyes grew wide even though I was facing away. "I just don't think Luke is with any of our time. He's not worth it."

"That's it." Vanessa cooed and I pushed the door open so hard it slammed against the wall next to it.

Screw Michael. His little cocky attitude. His stupid..Everything.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Natalie, knowing she was home.

She picked up on the second ring.

"Hello Luke." She greeted.

"What is it you're doing at this moment?" I asked.

"I'm just watching television, why?" She asked. "Is everything alright? You very rarely use your phone."

"No. Not exactly, could you come pick me up?" I asked. "If it is too much hassle I can walk, but it's chilly and I thought it wouldn't harm anyone to ask."

"Where are you?" Natalie asked.

"In the front of the bowling alley." I said.

"Um..Why?"

"I can explain the whole story to you in time. But for now, could you focus on retrieving me?" I asked.

"I'll be there in ten." Natalie said and the line went dead as I shoved my phone away and curled up in a ball on the curb. I hated Michael right now. I knew it was dumb to be friends with someone like Michael.

"Luke!" I heard someone call and I didn't even have to turn to think it was Michael. I didn't think my mind was so clogged though, because it was Calum who sat next to me.