9 - Try Again

A mistake is always forgiven, rarely excusable and always unacceptable. ~Robert Fripp

Michael's POV

"You're stupid is what you are." Calum commented as we were driving to school in his car.

"I know." I groaned. "I just don't know what to do."

"Michael, you brought Luke to see his enemies without his permission, you let them make fun of him, you agreed with him, you didn't know what you did wrong, and then expected everything that happened to disappear. I mean, you can't get much stupider then that." Calum commented and I shot him a glare. "Don't look at me like that, you screwed up not me. Luke likes me."

"Whatever I still have to give him his notebooks." I sighed.

"You know what's funny?" Calum said, of course he'd change the topic. "You like Luke so much, and yet you're wrapped around Vanessa's finger as you two play around and frolic."

"And?"

"You have to make up your mind, do you like Vanessa, or do you like Luke?" Calum asked. "Cause you can't have both."

"Obviously."

"I'm serious Michael. Luke will end up knowing you roll around with Vanessa while you make him think you like him." Calum said.

"Calum, I like Vanessa because she's a guarantee in my life. How do I just throw caution to the wind and let everything go?" I sighed.

"You have to." Calum sighed. "If you want what's best for you, someone who isn't just a bang buddy, then you need to."

I didn't say a word as Calum pulled into a parking spot and we climbed out. I didn't understand, wasn't Calum the one who was saying how Luke wasn't worth my time in the first place? Why was he changing his mind now?

···Lunch···

I knew I had to say something. I knew I had to when I saw Luke sitting outside. Nose buried in a book, like always. I approached him slowly at first, holding the bag of things he has forgotten in my car behind my back. When I was standing in front of him, he didn't even look up. He must not have seen me.

"Luke." I kicked his foot with my own and he jumped, I couldn't help but smile because it never grew old.

"W-What do you need?" He stuttered out.

"Here."  I handed him the bag of items and he cautiously took them before peaking inside and placing the items in his bag.

"Okay. Thank you. Goodbye." Luke said.

"Not yet." I said and sat down next to him. "Luke I'm sorry, I didn't realize that what I did would hurt your feelings so much."

"You didn't."

"Luke I know when you are lying." I sighed.

"You actually don't know anything." Luke said as he raised his head to me. "Michael now is not the appropriate time. I'm preoccupied."

"Dammit Luke! Why do you do this!?" I groaned and he looked at me with shock. "You never let me in and just when you start to you close back up!"

"Michael you have no deemed right to infiltrate my mind." Luke said, shockingly calm. "And after your actions Saturday -"

"Screw my actions Saturday!" I snapped. "Ever hear the expression it takes a stronger person to forgive?"

"That's not the correct expression but I understand what you are trying to refer to." Luke said.

"Stop talking like that!" I sighed.

"Michael we have had this discussion. You cannot criticize the way I happen to speak or I will not hold a topic farther then you." Luke said. He seemed so in control right now. I wondered how he managed when I was clearly freaking out.

"There's nothing wrong with it I like it!" I snapped as I jabbed Luke's chest with my finger. "I like you're nerdiness dammit! I like the way you speak and how smart you are and your face and your hair and dammit Luke! You make it so hard not to like you! You're not even freaking out right now at all."

"Now, what makes you believe that?"

"You are talking so calmly!" I squeaked and Luke simply held up his large shaking hands. "Oh.."

"I don't like being yelled at Mikey.." Luke mumbled as his hands dropped and he pulled his legs up, I instantly felt bad for raising my voice to him. "You're usually so nice to me. So it's weird when you aren't. And when you were with Vanessa you honestly but  My feelings, because you said you didn't care what people had to say."

"I know and it was dumb but you're overreacting." I said in my defense.

"I have never been in a position where I had someone lie to me like that. Someone who I thought really cared.." Luke mumbled as he played with the holes in his jeans. "It-It is difficult for me to be social and to do so in an acceptable manor, Michael you have to comprehend that in some situations I don't know entirely what I am doing or what I happen to be dealing with." He paused. "If we're going to even be friends, you have to be patient with me."

I took in a deep breath and released it as I spoke. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Luke shrugged.

"So, everything is happy?" I smiled nervously and Luke gave a small laugh.

"Everything is happy."

"Can I have a hug?" I asked and opened my arms. He looked at me cautiously before scooting over slightly to wrap his arms around my body. I didn't even have to press this time. And what may seem like a silky gesture, this meant the world to me. Because Luke was becoming comfortable with me.

We spent the next part of lunch hanging out. Him using his big words to tell me about the book Ettie gave him, which he really liked. I ended up letting him read for the last ten minutes of lunch because I know it makes him happy. And I kinda like watching him read, his facial expressions changing and every now and then he'll mouth a word or passage from the book and sometimes he'll squeal and get giggly and others he'll look like the world is crashing down around him.

I didn't mind just watching him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

So double update :3

Sorry it's kinda short and kinda bad. It's just one o'clock in the morning about. So..Ya :D

This is actually starting to make me get all excited and giddy cause when I go on Wattpad and see my notifications and look and see that you guys are voting and other stuff it literally makes me squeal with joy. I'm gonna be honest.

In other news..

My cousin is adorable.

She actually was the person to get me to start on Wattpad so thanks to her. :)

She's fifteen if it didn't make sense why she would get me on Wattpad.

Anyways...That's all I really have to say.

OH WAIT LATE NIGHT NEWS:

I might be putting up some new stories soon so..Stay tuned on that. Just kidding l will keep you updated.

Anyways..That's all! Goodnight :3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX