31 - The Confrontations

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their name. ~John F. Kennedy

Luke's POV

I walked into the school, sucking a deep breath in. I had felt so..Satisfied the past few days. Enough for me to walk to school and want to confront Vanessa.

So I did.

"Vanessa!" I called as I walked down the hallway and everyone turned their head to me. Maybe in shock, maybe just hearing my voice.

"What do you want Luke?" She laughed. Nothing menacing, she was just shocked.

"I don't understand you." I said.

"What do you mean?" Vanessa asked.

"All of a sudden you are no longer bothering me. Is there some sort of explanation for that?" I asked.

"Yes." Vanessa nodded. I gestured for her to continue. "I didn't say I would tell you. Some people may give away secrets, but not me."

"Vanessa, why can you not tell me?" I asked.

"Because Luke it," She glanced to the ground. "It would sound stupid."

I don't know what exactly possessed me at the moment. But I felt bad. Pitiful for this girl.

"Vanessa, it's okay to tell me." I said softly and her eyes hardened.

"Why on earth would I tell you!? After all I've done!?" Vanessa gasped. "Do you take me for a fool?!"

"No." I shook my head. "Vanessa I am going to be frank with you. You're intelligent, intelligent in ways of trickery. You always managed to weave your way into my brain and scramble my thoughts. Now I tell you, no fool could do that."

"What is this?" Vanessa asked. "Luke you're confusing me so much."

"I'm not trying to." I sighed. "Just, tell me."

"You want the full story? Fine. Meet me here after school and I'll tell you." Vanessa said.

"How do I know you're not tricking me?" I asked.

"You don't." Vanessa said while closing her locker. She turned her eyes to me. "But how badly do you want to know?" Vanessa spun on her heal and walked down the hallway. I just stared at the direction she went. How badly do I want to know?

I turned and walked around the corner. About to head to class before realizing I needed to find Gena. She said she would wait for me at my locker. So I walked in the direction of it and she was exactly where she said she would be.

"Hi Luke." She smiled, it didn't take long for that smile to fall. "Are you okay?"

"Honey I am just lovely." I sighed. "My apologies I didn't mean to speak in such a rude tone."

"It's alright. What's the matter?"

"Gena you came at a most unfortunate time." I said. "Everything had just been stirred up and now we must wait for the dust to settle but before it can settle the wind has to stop blowing."

"Does this have anything to do with you and Michael?" Grab raised an eyebrow.

"Michael and I? What about us?" I asked and Gena winked. "You mean you know!?"

"Whoa no! I was just joking! Oh my gosh are you serious!?" Gena laughed hysterically as she leaned against the lockers.

"What's going on?" Ashton said as he walked over with Calum.