6 - What Are You Doing

We fear the thing we want the most. ~Robert Anthony

Luke's POV

"So would you like to start with mathematics or literature? Maybe science?" I asked Ashton, every Friday we got together and did our homework for the weekend at the library. It was habit.

"I want to start with a question, Luke." Ashton sighed. "How come you're spending so much time with Michael Clifford?"

"Pardon?"

"You spent every day this week with Michael, what's going on?" Ashton asked, looking.

"Nothing..?"

"Luke, don't lie to me, dammit." Ashton sighed.

"Ashton, can you relax?" I sighed. "Nothing is happening. He just doesn't leave me alone." Honestly I was hating myself right now, I enjoyed spending time with Michael. I didn't mean to be so mean.

"What do you mean? Is he picking on you?" Ashton asked, suddenly looking alert.

"No. He isn't mean to me." I rolled my eyes.

"Then what's the deal?" Ashton asked.

"Michael is simply galling. He is always showing up, disturbing my reading and work. My thoughts. Also, I have to rephrase or give an explanation of what I've said for the reason that he did not comprehend what I said." I sighed.

"What do you mean..?" I heard a small voice say as someone appeared behind a book case.

"Oh..Michael!" I squeaked.

"Luke, what do you mean?" Michael looked hurt. "Are you calling me a idiot?"

"An annoying idiot. Galling means annoying." Ashton chimed in and I slapped his arm.

"Michael I -"

"I am nothing but nice to you Luke." Michael said, his face turning red and his hands turning to fists. "And you say this?! I was trying to be a friend and I stood up for you! And you say this, are you serious?!"

"Michael listen -"

"No!" Michael yelled. "Just..Ugh screw you Luke Hemmings! I hate you, you self-centered jerk!" I saw tears fall down Michael's cheeks as he took off.

Ashton let out a sigh as he stood up.

"W-Where are you going?" I panicked.

"Luke, I never said I had a problem with you befriending Michael. So you didn't have to lie and say there was nothing or even insult him to impress me." Ashton frowned. "It isn't like you to be so mean to someone. Michael was right, you are a self-centered jerk."

And Ashton walked off.

I didn't understand..Why did I care so much?!

I screwed up so much.. I ran out and saw Ashton talking to a distraught looking Michael.

"Michael! Michael!" I yelled as I raced down the steps of the library. Dropping my bags and my papers and books spilling everywhere but for once I didn't care. It was just paper. This was Michael.

"Mikey!" I yelled and he went wide eyed. "Mikey I am so sorry! Please don't be mad at me, I didn't mean it, I didn't."

"Whoa.." Michael and Ashton said in unison.

"W..What.." I mumbled.

"Can you hear yourself right now?" Ashton asked. "You don't sound like a insane genius and your papers are flying away."

"I-I don't care!" I squeaked and Ashton walked away to pick them up as I looked at Michael.

"Mikey, huh?" He sniffled with a cocky smile.

"I-I..I um.." I mumbled. "I am really sorry. You aren't an idiot and you aren't bothersome or annoying or anything. You're nice to me and I appreciate that extremely but I have issues showing emotions because knowledge has always been my primary focus. But I enjoy your company and your foolish humor and cocky behavior and -"

"Luke, relax." Michael chuckled.

"I am so sorry Michael.." I whimpered.

"It's okay, well it will be but only under one condition." Michael smirked.

"W-What?" I stood up a little freighter. I was honestly willing to do anything right about now.

Well maybe not anything.

Michael opened up his arms and took a small step closer.

"What are you doing..?" I mumbled.

"Give me a hug." Michael smiled.

"I don't participate in hugging.."

"Give me a hug and I forgive you, don't give me a hug and I don't forgive you. That simple." Michael smiles and waited patiently.

I shifted around awkwardly before stepping into Michael's embrace.

It was weird, hugging someone, but it was oddly enjoyable. Especially the look of satisfaction on his face when we pulled apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Well that sucked.

I'm just really tired tbh. :(

Anyways..Yay.

School tomorrow. Bleh.

Cuddles zZzzZz