20 - Can He

Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. ~Voltaire

Michael's POV

I stood at my locker, it was right before fifth period, just after lunch. I wasn't expecting anyone to approach me, really. Luke had already gone to his class. Meaning everyone else had dispersed as well. So of course I wasn't expecting Vanessa and Victor, out of all people, to approach me.

"Hello." I said coldly, I already didn't want to deal with them.

"Hey." Vanessa greeted. "We just wanted to know if -"

"No." I cut her off.

"Shut up, bastard, you don't even know what was about to say." Vanessa scoffed and with a roll of her eyes folded her arms. "I was asking if you wanted to go to a party Friday at Terri's."

"You, are inviting me?" I gasped. "I'm shocked."

"Well, you love parties." Victor sighed.

"That, I do."

"But there's one condition."

"Course there is.."

"You have to bring bring booze," Vanessa said, holding up on finger. "And Luke."

"Why the hell would I bring Luke." I scoffed. "What sense does - do you think he would even want to go to a party?"

"C'mon man, Darren will be there.." Victor groaned.

"Darren?!" I could instantly feel by body ooze with excitement at the familiar name. "Darren Sash?!"

"Yes!" Vanessa said, with the same excitement I held. "It's been at least two years since he's been here and I know you want to see him and he wants to see you."

"Hell yeah I want to see him!" I laughed. "That's amazing! I have to see him!"

"Then bring the beer, and bring Luke." Victor smiled and the two walked away.

I could literally feel the suspicion from this. I had a damn good idea that bringing Luke to a party was a bad idea, especially one with these guys. But Darren would be there..I couldn't pass up a chance to see him! I knew my decision was bad, but it felt so good.

I had to get Luke to go to that party.

Dumb idea? Course it is. But hey, he's put up with plenty of my dumb ideas and everything always works out okay, I'm sure it will work out this time.

Of course I couldn't just ask Luke to go to the party. That's stupid. He would defiantly not go. So if tricking him was the way to go..Then so be it.

I hurried into my class and spent little of it paying attention. Which I never did anyways and it showed. My grades sucked. I realized Luke helped me a lot, therefore my grades went up to C's and D's rather then D's and F's but that wasn't a good grade. Not like the A+'s Luke was carrying around.

I never really admitted it to myself, but it kinda pissed me off how smart Luke was. It left me feeling stupid at hell, like why can't I be the smart one? I would do anything to be able to sit in class and not struggle. I just didn't have motivation for something that didn't interest me.

"And remember there is a test on Thursday," The teacher said. "It's the unit exam so it is extremely important, remember to study!"

And then I got my idea on how to get Luke to come with me.

So after school had ended I raced to the library where Luke was sitting, reading a thick book. Scoffing every now and again and sometimes smirking, maybe even scrunching his eyebrows on occasion.

"Lukey-poo!" I sang as I walked out. He put a finger up, signaling that he would be a minute. So I waited until he closed his book and set it down.

"Hello." He greeted.

"Hi Luke!" I smiled wide and sat down.

"Homework?"

"No, but I have a test Thursday, so two days, and it's a unit exam so I need to study and I want your help on it." I smiled.

"Michael," Luke groaned, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "I would help you but you never seem motivated enough to listen."

"Because what's the point?" I laughed lightly. "What do I get out of this?"

"Achievement." Luke said, oh if only he could tell the difference between rhetorical questions and questions he should answer..

"Give me a reason to study." I shrugged.

"Enlighten me." Luke said.

"Well..How about if I get a ninety or more, you'll come with me to go somewheres on Friday?" I smiled, hoping he would agree.

"A nintey?" Luke raised his eyebrows. I nodded. "Alright then. I guess I will go.. Where would we be heading?"

"A surprise."

Luke let out a breath. "I shall agree to those terms Michael. But you have to actually try and let me teach you."

"Okay." I smiled and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. When I did his face turned slightly red but he acted like it was nothing and just got out some books.

"W-What c-class?" He asked and I smiled wide, it may seem devilish but this was working perfectly.

Best. Plan. Ever.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION:

OH mY GOsH IT hAS BeEN FOrevER.

Sorry. I've been busy! But no excuses.

Lol but Michael is an idiot.

And Darren..Oooooooo.

Lol just kidding.

Watch me forget this cause I do that a lot xD

But yeah I plan on being back and I'll work on the other stuff as well even though you don't like it that much. Lol.

Anyways..I went on wattpad and had 97 notifications xD thug life.

But Wattpad's update is cool.

Okay that's all :3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX