28 - Disappear From Me

I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life. ~Conor Obsert 

(A/N: I honestly think this is one of my favorite quotes ever.)

Luke's POV

I locked myself in my room all weekend, studying this, observing that, solving this and that and this. But today, today was Monday. I hadn't heard from anyone, including Michael, all weekend and honestly it worried me. Because I always felt like he was always the first person to be there. But today, he was not. 

I walked into school and immediately approached Calum and the others. I didn't see Michael.. 

"Um..Pardon, but do you know the location of Michael?" I asked and everyone looked at me with a saddened expression. "Am I missing something?" 

"I thought Michael was suppose to -" Ashton began but Calum elbowed him in the stomach and he immediately stopped talking. 

"Luke, I don't think Michael is here today." Calum said quietly. 

"W-Why ever not?" I asked, in the same volume. 

"You don't know?" Ettie chimed in and I shook my head. "He was really upset on Friday, he didn't talk to you?" I shook my head again. "Oh. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything." 

"Why did he grow downcasted?" I asked and everyone exchanged odd looks. "Um..Can someone please give clarity to the situation? What are you all keeping hidden from me?"

"Look, Luke.." Calum said softly. "We just told Michael something." 

"What did you speak?" I asked, pressing with more aggression. I had to know what happened because for whatever reason, Michael wasn't here and I was positive it had a connection to whatever happened here. 

"We told him to break up with you." Natalie stepped forward, speaking quickly and my jaw feel as my eyes widened. 

"You did what!?" I yelled and caused others to look towards me. I don't think my voice had ever been this loud. "Why would you do that!? Whose idea was that!?"

"It was mine." Natalie and Ashton said at the same time. 

"Ours." Ashton said quietly. 

I didn't say anything, just shook my head slowly. "What is Michael's exact location?" 

"I don't know." Calum said. 

"Discover it!" I yelled and pulled Michael close to me. 

"Luke.." Calum said and I released him and frowned at myself, closing my eyes in frustration. 

"You don't understand." I said quietly. "Why would you tell Michael to do that to me?"

"Because Vanessa won't leave you alone and I fear its getting worse." Natalie said. 

"Natalie, did you ever take the time to consider the situation at hand? You never paid attention to the way I was treated before, but at this moment and time you suddenly care so much to the way I am treated by the glorified boneheads of this school?" I scoffed. "There is something going on beneath the surface here, what is it?"

"Maybe I'm just that shocked that you're not straight." Natalie shrugged, her arms folded. 

"Are you mocking my sexuality?" I snarled. "Natalie, what is with you?"

"Are you really that blinded Luke!? The Luke I know didn't give one damn about a relationship or the true feelings that another person had for him." Natalie spit out. "Forget it Luke, you aren't worth the time." Natalie stalked off after that, and I expected Ashton to follow her, or something, but he didn't. He just stood still.