38 - Becomes My Opposite

Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared have to death. ~Omar N. Bradley

Luke's POV

I walked down the hallway after school, thinking to meet Michael but what I stumbled upon was shocking to say the least.

"You're so useless!" Natalie's voice pierces through my ears. "You had one job you pathetic piece of garbage..And you failed! Because that's all you are is a failure."

"Enough!" Vanessa's voice screamed as I turned the corner and saw the two girls.

"No, listen here!" Natalie snapped. "You went in the completely opposite direction of helpful! It would have been better if you disappeared rather then try and help Luke!"

"Well Natalie you're gonna have to face the facts that I'm not you and I couldn't hurt him anymore!" Vanessa yelled as she pushed Natalie back. "If you cared one ounce about Luke then you wouldn't insist on torturing him to try and make him yours! Act your damn age."

"Oh you act like you're so innocent!" Natalie scoffed. "For the past three years you've continually hurt him, and all of a sudden you decide to stop! If you were smart enough I would've suggested that you've got some other plan."

"Yeah well, I don't have some other plan." Vanessa sighed. "I'm just sick of being the bad guy. You should too. It's not rewarding. Because bad guys never win. Nothing ever works out for the bad guy!"

"So you just change into the good guy?"

"No, I'm not the good guy either. I'm nothing. And I would rather be nothing then be the bad guy." Vanessa sighed as she turned back to her locker. "Just get out of here."

"Oh poor, sweet Vanessa." Natalie said in a mocking tone. "Look at yourself, do you see yourself? You're right you are nothing. At this point you're only making things worse for yourself. Why would you even bother helping Luke?"

"Because I'm finally on his side of the spectrum." Vanessa said. "And I know how miserable it is to be alone, and now I can't resolve everything completely. But I would rather make him know that I regret what I've done then have everyone know I was nothing but cruel."

"You're not Vanessa anymore." Natalie snapped. "What have you become!?"

"I am still Vanessa!" She snapped. "I'm just an updated version."

"Vanessa, you are so damn pointless. Weak, idiotic, I'm sure you only care about yourself." Natalie said. "I don't know why anyone would ever want to deal with you."

"Hey!" I screamed as I made myself seen. "Natalie you can disperse yourself and never return. I never want to catch you speaking a word of dismay to Vanessa unless it's a true apology."

"Luke!" Natalie squeaked. "Heh, you saw that?"

"Every second you monstrous beast." I spit. "Stop trying to make your glorified failures the fault of another. You are naïve and you need to awaken and see the error of your ways. There is no hope for someone of your creation, so if you cannot mold yourself into something new then there isn't anything for you."

"Luke, please." Natalie laughed nervously.

"Natalie you must learn to understand the fact that I am with Michael, and after seeing you act this way I never wish to befriend you again." I snapped.

"Luke she did the same thing to you!" Natalie scoffed.

"It's different. You've been lying for years, trying to trick us to believe in someone who you are not. You have changed, changed for the worst. Now that you've had a taste of evil to taint your innocence there's no resurrection for that dead soul." I scoffed. "Leave Natalie, I don't care for what excuses you have to make."

"Fine, Luke you want to be that way, I can be that way!" Natalie yelled and stomped off.

I turned my head to Vanessa, black smearing down her cheeks. I frowned at her and grabbed her wrist, pulling her outside.

"Luke what are you doing?" Vanessa mumbled.

"Proving to someone something." I said.

"What!?"

"You'll see."

I pulled Vanessa outside until we ran straight into Michael.

"Hi Luke..And Vanessa?" Michael gave a confused look, his tone changing to a comforting and soft one. "'Nessa what happened?"

Vanessa just went wide eyed, didn't say anything.

"Luke, what happened?" Michael turned to me.

"Natalie is what happened." I sighed. "Gosh Michael..Some of the words spoken, ones that came from her mouth."

Michael's eyes softened in a way I had never seen.

"Vanessa," Michael said softly. She met his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"No it's -"

"I should've listened." Michael sighed. He walked forward and wrapped his arms around her tiny body. A look of shock crossed her face before she cried harder. Michael giving words of reassurance.

"Want us to take you home?" Michael offered.

"N-No." Vanessa shook her head. "My car is over there."

"Okay, well, we'll see you tomorrow then. Right?" Michael asked.

Vanessa glanced off to the ground. "Um..Yeah."

"Okay." Michael breathed. He hugged Vanessa one last time before she turned to me and hugged me.

"I'll miss you." She whispered.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing." Vanessa said. She kissed both of our cheeks before turning and walking away. Leaving Michael and I quite confused.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Guys. Two. More. Chapters. They're already written and they will be up Friday. So that is that.

Anyways I am super excited.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX