21 - And The Winner Is

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats at the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clear. ~Maya Angelou

Michael's POV

I did it.

I sure as hell did it.

Luke would be so shocked..

I headed outside the building, knowing that Calum would be sticking around with Luke, because he was heading too.

So I spotted the two blonde boys and even Ettie standing outside when I felt..Conflicted. My invitation to the party was only if Luke went, and now I could get him to go. But I knew I would hurt his feelings when he found out..Maybe if I explained why I brought him.

"Hey Mikey." Luke smiled as I reached him, but the smile quickly faded. "Is there a problem?"

"No." I let out a breath of air and held up a paper, a '92' scribbled in blue.

"Whoa.." Calum gaped as he leaned over Luke's shoulder. "I have known Michael for a while and a ninety-two is just..Wow."

"Yeah." I said.

"Michael, that's fantastic." Luke said, his voice was left at a monotone though. He just gave a pitied look because he wasn't dumb. He knew something was out of the ordinary.

"Let's go." I said.

"We still have a couple hours before we have to go anywheres." Calum reminded me.

"I know but I want to take a nap." I sighed. "We can go to my house."

We began walking away but I stopped when I noticed Luke's head dropped down, his arms folded tightly and kicking small pebbles.

"Luke," I nudged him and he shrugged me off. "Lucas."

"Michael."

"Luke."

"Michael."

"I will slap you." I groaned.

"What do you want?" He sighed.

"What's the matter?"

"You are." Luke huffed in annoyance. "You've got an appearance of guilt and discontent written all over you facial structures. It's obvious something is troubling you, but for some reason you hold yourself too high for me to be able to discover why."

"Luke it's really nothing, okay babe?" I smiled at him and his face turned red as he tried to hide it. Always so bashful..

"Y-Yeah." He stumbled slightly as we climbed into my truck and sped off to my house. I was just trying not to think at this point, just trying to relax my troubled mind.

I could only wish.

As the hours ticked on and on and eight o'clock rolled around I knew it was now or never and I absolutely had to see Darren, it had been to long.

"Luke, c'mon." I said as I stood up off the couch.

"Where are we traveling to?" Luke lifted his head to me and it was hard to look in those eyes and knew I was going to engulf him in his own hell.

"It's a suprise." I coughed and he nodded before standing up. Staring at me for a moment. "Ready?" He nodded. I grabbed his hand and with every step we took I felt more and more guilty, as the truck started, as it hummed down the road, and as I turned the corner.

"Close your eyes." I told Luke and he complied easily. I pulled over on the side of the road and got Luke out of the car, his facial expressions showing discomfort as we headed towards the loud house.

"Michael what is that noise?" Luke asked and I felt my stomach twist.

"You'll see." I sighed and helped Luke up the steps and was greeted by Vanessa, a large smile on her face as she stepped out of the way and let us in. "Open." Luke's eyes did just that and they blinked as they adjusted to the light. Luke stood still, he didn't say a word.

"Luke?" I said softly. He turned to me and I noticed his eye twitch. "Are you upset with me?"

"N-No." He shook his head, his expression saddening. "I, I told you we would do whatever if you passed and..If this is what you want, then I have to honor my committed word." He sucked in a deep breath. "Pardon me, for a moment." I watched him walk away and I stood in shock, I was expecting anger, but he wasn't even irritated. And I think that worried me the most.

I was about to follow Luke but as soon as I took a step towards the direction he was headed in, I heard my name called and turned to see the one person I was here for.

I smiled. "Darren."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

I have no excuse for the delay of updates. There will most likely be one tomorrow.

Am I allowed to rant/complain? Cause I'm gonna anyways, you don't have to read this if you don't want to.

I fricken hate school. Last week I cried eight times during school, I've been up until one/two in the morning doing homework, I have only a few friends left, and I go to school and get called bullied. Literally I get called fat but I honestly don't see how that's possible..I weigh 114..So.. And I'm terrible at math and science and language. My parents are jerks and idk :/ you don't want to listen to my problems I'm sorry.

So here's a chapter.

Okay.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX