37 - Standing Up

Get busy living, or get busy dying. ~Stephen King

Michael's POV

I walked down the cold, desolate road, I knew exactly where I was going. Which house to stop at. And exactly who I was going to see. And I knew what I was going to do.

I walked up to a white house, the paint was chipping, the porch rotting, shutters hanging on one hinge. The house of someone very poor or someone very lazy.

I knew it was the lateral.

I walked up the creek it steps, they felt as if they would real under my weight. I stood in front of the door, tapped on it once then three times.

The door opened an the figure gave a grin.

"Michael n -" They were cut off when my fist slammed against their cheek and they stumbled backwards into the house.

"Aw Mikey is mad at me." The man chuckled and I swung again.

"Darren," I breathed. "You will never come near me or Luke again. I swear Darren if you visit harm on that boy I will beat you within inches of death."

"Oh? You and what army?" Darren chuckled.

"The army of me." I snarled and swung for a third time. This time taking him to the floor as I slid over him and punched a fourth, fifth, eighth time. His nose was bleeing, his eyes red, his cheek cut.

But Darren doesn't give in easily.

It only took mere seconds for him to swing punches and knock me off him so he could take total control. But if I came here asking for a fight I wasn't going to lose.

I managed to get myself on top again as I violently swung for my tenth time.

"Give up?" I snarled as I grabbed his hair and pulled on it.

"Oh this is so sexual." Darren smirked. I lifted his head up and smacked it off the worn out wood floors underneath us. "Dammit!"

"Had enough?" I snarled as I picked him up by the collar of his shirt.

"What is your problem? Cause I got lemonade on blondie?" Darren scoffed.

"It's more then that." I said. "It became more then just lemonade when you squirted it on him. It became more then words when you turned them into harmful suggestions. It became more then casual when casual became hurtful." I pulled Darren's face close to mine. "I will destroy you, get that?"

"Why do you even care?" Darren coughed.

"Darren when you finally that perfect someone, and you get them. You would do anything to guarantee their happiness." I said.

"Sounds dumb."

"You just don't understand." I snapped.

"You're right, I don't." Darren shrugged. "But I don't have to. I just know Luke is not the one for you."

"What makes you say that?" I responded. "Choose your answer carefully."

"I'm just saying that you look like a man of action. I don't think Luke could satisfy that." Darren smirked while licking his lips.

"You're disgusting.." I sighed and hit his head off the floor once more before standing up and walking towards the door. "Stay away from Luke, you got that?"

"Yes." Darren groaned as he sat up. I walked out of his house and down the street in the direction of Luke's house.

I walked inside Luke's house and saw Luke laying on the couch, his knees pulled up to his chest, his eyes closed.

Even nerds need naps.

I walked over to him and picked him up off the couch, he stirred in my arms slightly. "Mikey?"

"Sh, just go back to sleep." I whispered.

"Okay." Luke mumbled as he nuzzled into me. I walked him upstairs to his room and set him down on his bed. I pulled off his jeans and threw a blanket over him before laying in the spot next to him.

I felt good, I had gotten Darren in his place despite how much he had control over me. And I was sure that he would never bother Luke again.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION.

Yep. That was that.

I know it will very often update like three, sometimes four, chapters every day but considering we are reaching the end of the book that won't be happening. I'll update this chapter today. Chapter 38 tomorrow. And 39&40 Friday. Then on the weekend I'll do the four epilogues. I'll probably update something else.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX