29 - Gena

The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. ~Alan Watts

Luke's POV

I refused to leave Michael's side. Scared he would do something regretful - I know how dangerous alcohol can be - so I sat at his house al the rest of Monday and decided to monitor him throughout the entire week. I remember calling him on Tuesday and getting no response, then I went to his house and he just laughed. I hadn't heard from Natalie all week, whenever we passed in the hall she would do so without a word.

Today was Friday and I was walking down the hall and I passed by Vanessa, but she didn't say anything. Only smiled.

"Did I just see that?" Ashton asked and I shrugged. "I feel so bad for Natalie, Luke. She did something bad but she's still our friend."

"Ashton I'm not dismissing her as my friend, every moment when I approach her she simply turns away." I explained.

"She won't talk to you?" Ashton asked.

"She won't."

"That's odd.." Ashton said quietly. I nodded and Ashton walked into his classroom while I went back to the area where I sat at a computer all day. I was pretty much allowed to do anything as long as I was caught up in all my work.

"Hey Luke." Someone said beside my and I turned to see Terri and a tiny blonde next to her.

"Greetings." I said and didn't address her friend.

"This is Gena." Terri said and I nodded.

"My name is Luke." I said to to the girl. She didn't say anything, instead she looked away. She must've been shy.

"Gena is new here." Terri explained and I nodded. "She does the same thing you do, all of classes are online but she has to show up in order to make social relationships. Her mother is making her."

"I see." I said.

"Could you walk her over?" Terri asked. "My classroom is right here."

"Alright." I said and looked down, a lot, at Gena. She barely looked up at me. Probably afraid. "Where is your original place of origin, Gena?"

"I've always lived here." She squeaked. "I just did my classes online."

"Odd, I have never seen you." I said.

"I rarely get out." Gena shrugged and I began walking up the stairs.

"So, Gena," I said. "Can you tell me pieces of information about yourself?"

"You want to know about me?" She asked.

I sighed. "Yes."

"Oh, well, um," She pursed her lips in thought. "I don't really know, I'm pretty boring."

"As am I." I nodded and held a door open for the short girl where a room with large tables and two windows was. The chairs were made specifically for sitting all day and there were only a few students who would come and go with the bells.

I sat down with my laptop and Gena took hers out and the back was covered in stickers.

"I like decorations." She said in a small voice.

"You seem highly artistic." I pointed out and she nodded.

"I spent years being alone." She said quietly as she pulled out a sketchbook and slid it in front of me. "You're welcomed to take a look."

I smiled in thanks and flipped it open and let out a gasp. Inside were some of the most intricate drawings I had ever seen.

"Wow.." I eventually said. "Gena, you're very talented."

"Thank you." She blushed as I passed it back to her.

The rest of the class we ha continuous conversations about nothing and everything. Laughing about this and that, Gena was defiantly a good character.

Classes ended and I had Gena follow me outside towards our group. I noticed Ashton had a stricken look, he was so upset ever since he lost Natalie. We had tried to make things okay but it just wasn't working. However, when he saw me and saw Gena his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"I hope you don't mind engaging with my friends." I smiled at Gena.

"I don't." Gena said, returning my smile.

"Salutations!" I called to the people around me and Michael smiled wide when he saw me and kissed my cheek.

"Who-Who is this?" Ashton pointed at Gena.

"This is Gena, Gena this is Michael, Calum, Ashton, Ettie, Winston and you know Terri." I introduced everyone.

"H-Hi." Gena squeaked.

"Nice to meet you Gena." Ashton smiled and extended a hand which Gena shook.

"How was your day?" Michael asked while Gena was being engulfed by everyone. His arm snaked around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I had a very pleasant day, Michal." I smiled at him. "And you?"

"Well, Natalie flipped at me in the hallway but other then that I had a fantastic day." Michael smiled. "You're still coming over?"

"Well I had planned on it." I said.

"Good, good." Michael said. "Let's get going then." Michael began to tug me away. "Bye everyone."

"Goodbye!" I called back to the group. And for a second time today, Vanessa walked by and smiled. Nothing sinister about it.

Odd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

So I wrote this in class xD but the next chapter should be more enjoyable so I'll write that at home. I planned for it to be chapter 30. Lol I'm so on point. I honestly didn't know what to do so I was like, well since Natalie is busy being outcasted I'll make this character. Whose original name was gonna be Gemma but now it's Gena.

Anyways that's all really, while writing this I'm listening to people gossip it's pretty great because the people they're talking about are going to say the same thing about them.

Anyways have a beautiful day or a lovely sleep :)

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX