16 - Love and Fists

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ~Lao Tzu

Luke's POV

"No they haven't said a word to me, actually." I said to Calum after explaining to him what happened the night with Garret and Brandon. I was sitting with Calum and Ashton outside, waiting for Michael. It was Friday and Ashton had agreed for both of us to go out with Calum and Michael. Saying since we had Monday and Tuesday next week off, we could go to the library tomorrow. I also ended up not going to detention yesterday, I don't know what happened but for some reason they called me and said I no longer had to go.

"Hello everyone." Ettie greeted us, she was standing next to Natalie.

"Hi." Ashton greeted with a smile.

"Hey, you ladies want to partake in this extravagant adventure with us?" Calum smiled and I rolled my eyes. He had mentioned asking the girls to come with us, then he had come to me asking exactly how to propose the question. Since they're nerds and I'm a nerd as well.

"Calum, you don't need to speak like Luke." Ettie said and you could see the disappointment on his face. "But I would be delighted to go with you. How about you Nat?"

"Sure, sounds fun." Natalie smiled nervously.

"Where is Michael?" Ashton groaned. "I want to leave now."

I turned my head to the side and saw the purple hair, so I nudged Ashton.

"Lukey!" Michael yelled the moment he saw me and I gave a small wave. "Luke! Lucas! Lukey-poo!"

"'Lukey-poo'?" Ettie snickered and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi Michael." I said when he reached us. He smiled wide for a moment before hiking me up off the ground and squeezing me tight and then spun me around. "M-Michael!

"I'm sorry." Michael laughed lightly as he kissed my cheek and set me down. "I am just so grateful for you."

"What are you speaking of?" I sighed as I readjusted my shirt.

"Look!" Michael held a paper up in my face and I took it from his hands. In red ink on the top of it read eighty-nine.

"A 'B+'.." I mumbled, before looking up to Michael and smiling. "Mikey that's amazing!"

"I know!" Michael laughed as he pulled me into him and peppered my face with kisses before simply laying his head in the crook of my neck. "Thank you."

"You got the grade Michael." I said softly.

"Yeah but it was thanks to you." Michael smiled as he lifted me slightly into the air. "You brainiac."

"Hush." I laughed lightly and Michael began to laugh too.

"What are you two going on about?" Calum asked and I passed him the paper as everyone crowded around Calum as they flipped through it.

"Thank you!" Michael smiled.

"Stop thanking me!" I giggled and then slammed a hand over my mouth.

"That was the girliest sound ever." Michael laughed. "You have a cute giggle, I love it." Michael paused, still with a big smile as he set me down. "I don't care if this is too early or not, but I love you." My eyes grew probably ten sizes before a smile met the same growth.

"I-I love you t-too." I said quietly.

"You and that silly little nervous stutter." Michael chuckled. "It's cute."

"Are you two done having a couples moment?" Calum groaned. "I want to congratulate Michael."

I stepped away from Michael and the group only to feel a tap on my shoulder and turned around slightly before a fist collided with my face and set me to the ground.

"Hey what are you doing to him!?" Michael screamed and I raised my eyes to see all of his friends. Vanessa, Victor, Brandon, Garret, Winston and Terri. Terri and Winston seemed to stand slightly behind everyone else though. Turns out Victor punched me.

"Teaching him a lesson." Victor snarled.

"You leave my boyfriend alone, got that!?" Michael yelled and Vanessa let out a gasp before sending me a glare worth a million bullets. "Including you Vanessa! Especially you!"

"M-Michael, i-it's, I-I'm okay.." I mumbled while still on the ground.

"You will regret crossing over to their side, Michael! You're ruining everything we stand for!" Garret yelled and the four - Garret, Brandon, Vanessa and Victor - stomped off.

"W-We're sorry Mikey.." Winston whimpered next to Terri. They both looked over to me. "We're sorry Luke.."

"I.." I didn't have anything to say. Winston and Terri, apologizing to me.

"We -" Terri started but once Vanessa screamed their names they took off. I couldn't help but feel bad for them, they seemed so sorrowful, so trapped.

Michael let out a sigh, running his fingers through his hair before turning to me. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah.." I mumbled and Michael lifted me off the ground.

"Here, let's go." Michael said, grabbing my hand we began to walk with everyone.

"Who's car are we going in?" Calum asked.

"I don't have my truck." Michael shrugged.

"Natalie drove Ashton and I but her car is tiny." Ettie said and all eyes turned to me.

"What about your car Luke? It's a Mercury Grand Marquis the seats are huge." Ashton said. (A/N: My grandfather had one, they're really nice actually.)

"Yeah Ettie and I could share a seat, since it's only a five seat car." Natalie said, it was six but I let them have it. I nodded before heading over to the silver car.

"I call shotgun!" Michael yelled.

"Hey! Why do you get shotgun?" Ashton whined.

"Because this is my boyfriend's car and he loves me." Michael said before kissing my cheek and I gave a sheepish smile. "You're adorable."

"Stop." I whispered as my face heated and I unlocked the car and climbed in.

"Wow, these are big seats." Michael said. I noticed that everyone, even the girls buckled but not Michael.

"Michael, seatbelt?" I said quietly.

"Do I need it?" Michael challenged me and I gave a shy nod, so he let out a groan and buckled. I instantly felt shaky as I turned the keys and turned on the radio, a Queen CD was playing through the car.

"Queen?" Michael asked.

"I-If you don't like, it there-there's a bunch of CD's i-in the glove com-compartment." I said and cursed my stutters.

"Luke," Michael said quietly. "Relax." I nodded and began to drive the car and saw Michael tapping his feet to the beat but I was still nervous. Michael must've noticed too, because all of a sudden he bursted into lyrics, Ashton and Calum soon joining in. Even the girls, I let out a sigh before doing the same myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

HA. TRIPLE.

I am so pro :3

So that was nice, well Luke did get punched in the face but, whatcha gonna do?!

Beat 'em up >:3

Anywayyyyys.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX