25 - Damned

We are afraid to care too much, in fear the that other person does not care at all. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Luke's POV

My mother shook her head slowly before exiting my room. I had no idea what to expect, no idea what to say.

"Luke? Babe?" Michael whispered after a while. I didn't say anything and he just gently rubbed my arm. "Tell me what's on your mind."

"That's it..I don't understand the topics that are on my mind." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It'll be okay, Luke. Maybe not right away, but eventually." Michael said. "Just relax, how do you feel?"

"Like I got hit by three freight trains and then had bill collectors calling me my every waking moment." I sighed.

"Why don't you just lay down and relax?" Michael suggested. "I'll tell you something to get everything off your mind." I complied and laid down next to Michael.

"So, when I was younger my friends and I decided to go this theme park, but we wanted to go at night because there wouldn't be any lines. So we snuck through the gates and we turned on the power, everything was just so bright and beautiful. We had a blast. Calum and I stuck together the whole time and we had first met this time. It was fun but what we didn't think of was the fact that everyone in a ten mile radius could see it!" Michael chuckled lightly. "So of course the police arrived and they could've easily figured out it was us. And everyone began freaking out and for some reason, we couldn't get Calum to run. He said something about just taking the punishment he would get either way. So everyone else ran but I couldn't help but feel bad for Calum because he was such a cool guy to me. So, I went as I stood with him. The police were just as shocked as our friends were. So, they asked our friends' names and then said since we owned up to what we had done, we could leave without punishment. Calum and I then decided to tell our friend we did get punished, so they wouldn't flip out. I mean we were all in seventh or eighth grade. But, I was really glad we did that, because if we didn't I may never have become friends with Calum. And since that day he's always had my back." Michael finished and I just smiled at him.

"That was a sweet retelling of events Michael." I smiled and he chuckled.

"You can't just say 'story'?" Michael laughed lightly.

"No, my apologies." I shook my head.

"You know I think I actually prefer being talked nerdy to then being talked dirty to." Michael said and I began to laugh. "Luke you have a nice laugh, I don't think I've told you that yet."

"Mm..No."

"Okay, important question." Michael said and I gestured for him to continue. "Do you have photographic memory or something?"

"Nada." I said, while holding in my laughter. "Michael believe it or not my memory isn't the solidest. I am just forgetful as others. Just because I have a slightly higher then average IQ does not mean I am in possession a photographic memory."

"You're a nerd." Michael chuckled.

"I've noticed." I smiled.

Michael and I laid there for the rest of the day, until about three o'clock when his mother called and asked where he was, demanding his presence at home. So I walked him downstairs and escorted him out.

The door clicked shut, and Michael was gone, while all the time I could feel my mother's gaze burning through me.

"Luke." She took a deep breath. "Since when have you been gay? Did you expect to hide this from us forever?"

"Cease questioning me a surplus amount." I sighed and rubbed my temples. "Honestly, mother, I cannot quite grasp the situation myself. When I understand more, I'll inform you."

I went to walk past my mother but she slapped a hand on my shoulder and pushed me back.

"No Luke," she said. "Now."

"No mother." I responded. "Later."

"Luke you can't just -"

"Mother please!" I interrupted her. "Please understand that I am just simply as confused as you are considering I have never felt any more of an annoyance towards other human beings besides my family and Ashton and Natalie."

"Fine, I will be patient with you but I expect to eventually know something." My mother finally complied. "And for the record, I see nothing wrong with your guys' relationship." My mother walked out of the room and I took a deep breath, trying to sort myself out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

YAY! This is like the billionth chapter I've written today xD

Anyways! I forgot to mention this in the last chapter note. You don't care but I just wanted to say it..

So yesterday after school I was standing at my locker, talking to my friend, and I was approached by this guy who I'm semi-friends with and is in my chemistry class, my pre-calculus class and my band class. And he asked if we could talk so I was like, sure! And so my friend said she would meet me downstairs and so he asked me to the holiday dance in December and I said yes an I was like, crying on the inside.

Anyways that's that. How are you guys? I know thanksgiving is in a week, which only matters if you live in America I think, but ya :D have a beautiful day! (It's actually almost night here)

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX