1

"i'm sorry, joon. i have to work today. we can hang out tomorrow," hoseok said.

"i know... i've just been so bored lately. you came all the way out here and now it feels like you don't even have time for me."

"joon, you know how badly i wanna hang out, it's just been a busy few days. i literally moved out here just so i could see you more often."

"i thought you moved here cause you got a new job?"

"well, yeah. that too. but i was purposefully looking for jobs in your area so we could move in together."

it was hoseok's first week in a new town. he had a new apartment, a new environment, and a new job. it was his first time living without his mom and he was so excited to finally have some freedom. he was also super happy that he was moving in with his best friend, namjoon.

he met joon in sixth grade and when hoseok moved away his junior year, they still remained just as close. he was honestly shocked that they even became friends in the first place. hoseok was outgoing, loud, clingy, goofy, and super gay. namjoon was deep, soft-spoken, blunt, and straight- as far as hoseok knew. but for whatever reason, they just clicked. they had been inseparable for years and hoseok just knew that they'd be friends forever.

"we live together now, so you don't need to worry. pretty soon you won't even be able to get rid of me."

"alright, see you when you get home."

"okay, bye! love you."

"bye. love you too."

hoseok waved goodbye to joon and headed out. it was his third day and he was loving it so far. he was a waiter at a very fancy restaurant and it paid very well. the money was nice, but his favorite part by far, was just the job itself. he loved getting everybody's order and running around the restaurant. it was the perfect job for him. he also loved to finally be making his own money and providing for himself. the only thing that could make the job better, would be if he had a few more friends. he didn't know many of his coworkers, but there was one super sweet boy named, jungkook, and his boss seemed cool as well.

-

hoseok had been at work for a few hours and he was really tired.

"hey, jungkook!" he shouted, running over to him from across the restaurant.

"hey, hoseok. what's up?"

"there's a table of people waiting over there. if you wanna take care of them, the tips are yours."

"oh, okay. thanks!" kook said, scurrying over to the table.

hoseok just walked around and filled up people's drinks. it was a slow night, so there really wasn't anyone there. it was also dark in the restaurant, which hoseok really enjoyed. he just felt more comfortable, and less worried about his appearance.

walking around for a few more minutes, he noticed someone sitting in a corner booth. hoseok walked over, quickly, seeing that his order hadn't been taken yet.

"hello sir, i'm hoseok. i'll be your-"

the man pulled the menu out of his face and looked at hoseok right in his eyes.

hoseok was rendered speechless by the man's beauty, his mouth hanging open.

"sorry, what was that?" the man asked, smiling at him.

his smile.

he had the most adorable gummy smile.

hoseok blushed and tried to continue on with what he was saying.

"s-sorry. i'm hoseok... your w-waiter. are you ready to order?"

"don't worry about it. and yes, i am."

hoseok listened carefully to his order, jotting it down, nervously.

"it'll be right out," hoseok said, running off.

-

"i'm telling you, jungkook. he was so cute. i've never been like that before- around anyone. it was like... the second i saw him, i just froze. i couldn't even get a word out without stuttering," hoseok said, walking to his car with jungkook.

"that's cute," jungkook said, smiling at him.

"i'm just sad. i doubt i'll ever see him again."

"don't get too sad, hoseok. he's not the only boring hot guy out there. there are lots of them."

hoseok just sighed, realizing that jungkook was probably right. he didn't even know the guy, anyways. for all hoseok knew he could be a total dick.

they both reached the end of the street, having to walk on opposite sides to get to their cars.

"well, i'll see you tomorrow, hoseok," kook said, smiling and waving at him.

"bye, jungkook."

______________________________

hey guys!

i'm back with another fanfic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

so this is my first sope/yoonseok book! i honestly don't rlly know where i'm going with this story, so updates may be kinda slow ?? but hopefully i start getting more ideas lol.

please make sure to vote and comment if you liked the first chapter!!

thank you so much for reading <3