22

yoongi walked up to his apartment door. he did his best to wipe off his tears and hide the fact that he had been crying.

when he opened the door, he saw a six pack of beer out on the counter, with three missing. there was also a half drank bottle of wine, and a half drank bottle of rum.

yoongi looked over to the couch to see taehyung. he was eating a bag of chips and staring at the tv, laughing aggressively whenever something funny happened.

"tae?"

taehyung turned around and met eyes with yoongi, smiling.

"hey-y, y-yoongi," taehyung said, slightly slurring his words.

yoongi just stared at tae for a second, wondering what possibly could have happened for tae to drive himself to that state.

"are you drunk?"

tae just laughed and hopped of the couch to grab another beer.

"i'm-m fucking w...wasted," tae said, laughing.

"what happened?"

"it... doesn't f-fucking matter."

tae walked towards him, getting a little too close for comfort.

"just kiss me."

yoongi took a step back, a little surprised.

"tae... you don't really want that. tell me what happened."

tae just sighed, rolling his eyes dramatically.

he knew somewhere- in the back of his clouded head, that yoongi was right.

he was just sad.

and lonely.

"those bitches... jungkook and hoseok. they don't want us at the fucking-g court. they don't want to fucking see us anymore. k-kook told me we're j...just distractions."

yoongi just sat there for a moment, shocked.

"what do you mean? that's not true. jungkook wouldn't say that. hoseok would want me there. i know he would."

"well he doesn't. jungkook said it to my f-fucking face. they aren't responding to our texts, remember? that's why. t-they were just playing with us."

"...he cares about me. i know he does. you're just fucking drunk."

tae just laughed, shaking his head.

"if you want to keep fighting for relationship that's not real, be my guest. t-they're fucking liars, yoongi."

yoongi just stood there, trying to take in what taehyung had just told him.

the boy he fought so hard for,

the boy that he cared about so much,

the boy who would send him stupid emoticons that he pretended to hate,

the boy who had kissed him,

the boy he told his homophobic mom about,

the boy he loves-

doesn't feel the same.

it was like a stab to the heart and he wanted the pain to go away quickly, trying not to internalize it.

"you know what," yoongi said, shaking his head, "how about we both get drunk."

-

jin hopped out of his car and headed up to taehyung and yoongi's apartment. he had put off telling the boys about how jungkook saw them kissing for long enough and he couldn't wait anymore.

when he made it up to their door, he knocked on it, tapping his foot in anticipation.

it took awhile, but eventually yoongi answered.

"jin-?" he questioned, hiccuping slightly.

jin knew from just one look at yoongi that he had been drinking. he was awful at hiding it.

tae hopped off the couch and walked over to them, surprised to see jin there so late.

"jinnie! w-what are you doing here?" he asked, pulling him inside.

"i just... i have to tell you guys about something. sorry i'm here so late. i just-"

"it's fine, jin- just say it-" yoongi said, slurring the two sentences into one.

"let's sit down first," jin said, motioning them over to their couch.

all the boys sat down and jin began explaining what happened.

"okay, so i know you guys have been having some issues with hoseok and jungkook. i have-"

"hoseok and jungkook?" tae asked.

he looked over to yoongi and they just stared at each other, immediately breaking out into laughter after a second.

jin just sat there, confused.

he decided to continued talking, ignoring the laughter.

"i know you guys aren't doing so good, but i know why. jungkook saw-"

"it doesn't matter, jin," tae said, smile still lingering on his face from laughing.

"they don't even fucking like us," yoongi said, both of them dying of laughter once again.

"guys? look, i know you've been drinking a little, but this is important. you have to focus. jungkook and hoseok-"

"if i hear one more fucking thing about jungkook or hoseok i'm gonna fucking puke," taehyung said.

"tae, what are you even saying? jungkook really cares about you and you're being a total dick. don't you even realize that he fucking likes you?"

"pft- he likes me like he likes getting slapped in the f-fucking face."

"what are you talking about?"

"i don't give a shit about jungkook, okay?" tae said, harshly, his fun drunk side being replaced with his bitchy drunk side.

jin just looked at him, a little shocked at his behavior.

"what about you, yoongi? don't you want to know what's up with hoseok?"

"if hoseok doesn't care enough to fucking t-tell me what's going on to my face, he obviously isn't very concerned with me."

jin just looked at both of them, seeing the cocky looks planted on their faces.

"so... neither of you care about hoseok or jungkook? really?"

both of them just nodded, laughing some more.

jin just rolled his eyes and stood up, angrily heading straight for the door.

he thought telling the boys was the right idea, but now it was clear he was wrong.

hoseok and jungkook were way better off without them.

______________________________

yeet i'm late again srry. this book is irrelevant but ima finish it anyways lol.

also there will be more sope soon ! things r gonna get worse before they get better tho 👁👁