23

tae blinked his eyes open, realizing he was still on the couch, yoongi sleeping close beside him.

nausea and a pounding headache hit him almost immediately. he quickly ran to the bathroom, covering his mouth and clutching his stomach.

he flung the toilet seat open and fell to the floor, expelling all the alcohol he had drank from the night before.

a few minutes went by and he finally felt like his stomach was empty. he weakly wiped off his mouth and flushed the toilet, struggling to stand up.

the night before was pretty much a blur, but he did manage to remember the one thing that he tried so hard to forget.

his conversation with jungkook.

it had hurt him a lot more than he cared to admit. the fact that jungkook didn't want to see him anymore was almost impossible for him to come to terms with. it was so painful and he honestly didn't know how to deal with it. he had really only gotten to know the boy for about a week, but for whatever reason he couldn't let him go.

he liked him.

he really liked him.

and it was a terrible feeling knowing jungkook didn't feel the same. knowing jungkook wasn't thinking about him all the time or wishing he was with him.

tae walked back out the the couch and was suddenly hit with a realization.

it was court day.

he pulled out his phone and checked the time.

one more hour.

tae ran over and grabbed a bunch of hangover medication, quickly heading back over to yoongi.

"yoongi!"

the boy blinked his eyes open, immediately putting a hand over his forehead and groaning.

"here, take this," taehyung said, handing him some pills.

"what's going on?"

"the hearing. it's in an hour."

yoongi's eyebrows furrowed, trying to remember what the hell happened the night before.

"i-i thought we weren't going?"

tae just sighed, shifting eye contact.

"well- we weren't..."

"...but?"

"but... i think we should just go anyways."

"...really? after everything?"

"...just one more time. i have to see him one more time- be there for him. if it doesn't work out, then i'm done. i swear."

yoongi just sighed, thinking it through. he was still so spaced out and disoriented, he didn't even know what he wanted.

"you said they didn't want to see us anymore. you said they don't want us there."

"i know..," tae said, more memories coming back, "i just wanna try one more time. if we just show up and be there for them... then maybe they'll realize we're not just gonna walk away. maybe they'll realize how much we actually care about them and apologize or something."