20

jungkook woke up the next day in his own bed. he sat there for a minute, thinking. his anxiety immediately kicked in when he remembered what tomorrow was.

court.

he was exited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. he couldn't wait until jimin got arrested and he could leave his house without feeling afraid. he couldn't wait to get a new job and get his life back to normal. but, he was also terrified. he didn't know if he could do it. it was hard enough for him to tell his closest friends what happened, and now he was supposed to go up in front of the entire court and tell them everything.

it was going to be hard, but he had to do it. he needed to do it for himself... for hoseok.

-

hoseok liked to sleep in, so chances were he was still sound asleep in jungkook's guest room.

jungkook crawled out from under the covers and sat on the edge of his bed. he grabbed his phone off the nightstand and checked his messages.

nothing.

taehyung still hadn't texted him.

jungkook was praying that tae would tell him on his own what had happened between him and yoongi and apologize for it. or at least say something.

but he didn't.

taehyung could have literally gave him the most lame apology and jungkook would probably say it was fine and jump back into his arms, because he missed him so much.

but he didn't even give him that. frankly, he hadn't texted him at all- not since jungkook asked for some space, at least.

he didn't really want space, though. he wanted taehyung back... he wanted taehyung to want him back. but the truth was, tae didn't want him back. he wan't constantly checking his phone for texts from jungkook. he wasn't thinking of him every second of the day. he probably never even liked him in the first place.

and it hurt.

jungkook just sat there, staring at his phone and getting lost in thought, until it suddenly rang, causing him to jump and break away from his thoughts.

it was an unknown number.

jungkook stared down at it for a few rings, wondering if he should answer it.

he knew he had to act fast, so without thinking, he pressed the answer button.

"h-hello?"

"hello. this call is coming from the southern borami correctional facility, inmate-"

"park jimin."

jungkook's breathe hitched as he heard his voice.

"please press one to answer the call."

jungkook was freaking out, accidentally dropping his phone in the process. he quickly grabbed it off the floor and stared at the dial pad, not knowing what to do.

he knew he shouldn't answer. he knew jimin would just try to manipulate him again, but for some reason, jungkook felt like hearing what he had to say. he didn't want to hide anymore or be afraid. he wasn't gonna let jimin control his life anymore and he wanted him to know that.

so without giving it a second thought, he pressed one and put the phone up to his ear.

his breathe was shaky from all the adrenaline, but he was trying his best to settle it. he wanted to appear strong.

"hello?" jungkook said, firmly, almost too firmly.

there was a pause, jungkook still trying to calm his breathe.