10

⚠️warning: graphic content⚠️

yoongi
hey
how r u?
haven't heard from u in a while

a few days had gone by and hoseok had never responded to yoongi or thanked him for the flower. he just couldn't.

he was dreading the fact that he had to go back to work, but he pulled up to the restaurant, regardless, anxiety shooting through him.

when he walked in, he noticed jungkook filling up some water glasses at a table.

when he finished, he turned around and saw hoseok standing there.

hoseok gave him a small wave and quickly headed in the other direction. he didn't want to talk to jungkook- or anyone for that matter. he felt dirty, like he had messed up or was hiding something. he hated what had happened and was beginning to feel like it was his fault. he had managed to have a fun time with namjoon and his friends a few nights prior, but once the night was over he completely went back to worrying.

"hoseok!" jungkook shouted, running to catch up with him.

hoseok bit his lip with anxiety and slowly turned around to face him.

"h-hey, jungkook. what's up?"

"are you okay?"

hoseok's stomach immediately dropped.

there's no way he could know.

right?

"w-what? what do you mean?"

"we usually walk out together and the other night you left without me. i was worried. did something happen?"

"o-oh," he said, relief immediately washing over him, "sorry, kook. i-i was just super tired and i forgot to tell you i was leaving."

"...oh," jungkook said, with a questioning glance, "that's fine."

hoseok just smiled and turned away, heading to go clock in.

-

a few hours past and hoseok was doing fine. he hadn't seen his boss and was doing a great job of avoiding jungkook.

hoseok was finally on his break and decided to walk to the back and eat the sandwich that he'd packed for himself.

he was pulling out his bag of food, when suddenly, he felt a cold hand latch onto his lower back, causing him to jump and drop the bag.

"hello, my little bird."

the quiet voice whispered into his ear, but he knew who it was right away.

his boss.

he felt the hand migrate lower, resting on his ass.

"cat got your tongue?" he asked, rubbing over hoseok softly.

"n-no. i need to eat. i only have a ten-minute break."

"you need to eat?" he asked, running his tongue over his bottom lip, with a raised eyebrow.

hoseok wanted to cry. he already felt bad enough about what had happened the first time and now it was happening again.

"y-yes. my sandwich."

hoseok just stared at him, scared to see what his next move would be.