17

"taehyung!" yoongi shouted, walking into their apartment.

when he looked over, he saw tae and jungkook cuddled up on the couch watching a movie.

"oh- sorry. i forgot jungkook was here."

the boys separated quickly and taehyung paused the movie.

"what's up?" tae asked, walking over to him.

"nothing. we can talk later."

"where's hoseok?"

"he decided to stay at his place for a few days. he wanted to see namjoon."

"oh. did something happen?"

"no, nothing. we're both great."

tae looked at him with a questioning glare, until he felt a hand brush against his shoulder.

"maybe i should go, too, tae," jungkook said, feeling like he was starting to become an annoyance, "i've been staying here for a long time."

taehyung immediately cringed at the idea of jungkook leaving, hating the thought of being away from him.

"no! stay. we need to watch over you."

"i'll be fine, tae. i need to shower and change and stuff, anyways."

"well... then how about you go home, shower, grab some more clothes and come back."

"really?"

"yes. please. i-i like... having you here."

jungkook just looked down and blushed.

"o-okay. i'm gonna uber, though. you don't need to drive me."

"are you sure, kook?"

"yeah. i'll be fine."

jungkook hugged taehyung tightly and smiled at him, not forgetting to wave at yoongi before he ran out the door.

both the boys stared at the door, waiting for it to close all the way.

"me and hoseok kissed."

"i like jungkook."

"what?"

"what?"

"woah, woah- slow down. you like jungkook? and you didn't tell me?"

tae just sighed, looking up at him.

"yeah... i really like him. i was sort of trying to get over it, but i can't. something's special about him, yoongi."

yoongi just looked at him, sighing.

"...i hate to spoil your little crush, but now is really not the time to start that up. you know what the boys been through. that usually takes a long time to get over... you know? he's not in the right headspace to be in the kind of relationship you want."

"you're one to talk," taehyung said, "you said you and hoseok kissed, right?"

"that's different."

"how? it's not like i just want to hook up with him, yoongi. i...i like him. i really like him. i want to show him what a real relationship is like. i wanna show him what it's like to be loved for real. he deserves that. he deserves someone who's gonna treat him right."

yoongi sighed, realizing how pure tae's intentions were.

"that's... that's beautiful, tae. i-i get what you mean. that's how i feel about hoseok, too. it's just hard. it just feels like i'm pushing him into something. i just want you to be sure jungkook's ready for that."