19

a few days had gone by and hoseok was still staying at jungkook's. the court date was in two days now and neither of the boys felt ready. whether they wanted to admit it or not, they were both exhausted, drained, and heart broken.

both hoseok and jungkook had sent yoongi and tae texts, saying that they just needed some space to prepare for court.

"do you think... do you think we should talk to them?" jungkook asked, looking over to hoseok, who was laying down on the couch with his eyes closed.

his eyes shot open and he sat up.

"talk to who?"

"like... tae and yoongi."

jungkook was sitting on the couch as well, looking down, not wanting to make eye contact with hoseok.

"why would we talk to them?"

"well... i don't know," jungkook said, fiddling with his fingers,"maybe there's a reason
they-"

"what would the reason be, jungkook? you said they were alone, sitting on the couch, right? they probably just got to talking and then kissed. that's it. that's what happened."

"i know, but... maybe they regret it or-"

"jungkook, i'm not getting screwed over again. i'm done wasting my time with people. but if you really want to go talk to tae, i'm not gonna stop you."

jungkook just sat there for a minute, pouting.

"no... you're right. i just... i really miss him."

-

"i miss him," tae said, laying on the couch, pouting.

"tae, they said they need space before the court hearing. just give them a few days."

"jungkook said he was gonna come back, though. why didn't he ever come back?"

"i don't know, tae. he probably just wanted some time to himself. you guys didn't leave each others sides for like a whole week."

"...i know," tae said, frowning, "it was amazing."

yoongi just sighed, feeling bad for the boy.

"i'm sorry, tae. i miss hoseok, too, but they're going through a lot right now. now is not the time to pester them or make them feel any pressure."

"...i know. i just hope he's okay."

"i'm sure they're both fine," yoongi said, staring at his phone, "i'm just confused. i texted hoseok last night if he wanted us to drive them to the court house or meet there and he never replied."

"he never replied?"

"yeah... maybe they're just sleeping in late."

"yeah, probably."

-

"i think i should tell them," jin said, cuddled up with namjoon on his bed.

"jin, they both asked you not to."

"yeah, but jungkook doesn't know that tae is fucking head over heels for him! he thinks he still likes yoongi."

"well, does he? i mean... why else would they kiss?"

"i don't know, but i know damn well that tae isn't a player. he would never make a move on yoongi when he knows how good things are going with him and hoseok. he would never do that. and i know he likes jungkook a lot. he's texted me like a million times about him," jin said, "literally look at this."

jin pulled out his phone and opened up the texts between him and tae.

"look. he literally took a picture of jungkook sleeping on his lap and sent it to me, fanboying over how cute he is."

namjoon grabbed jin's phone and scrolled through the texts.

"yeah, somethings off here. it's pretty obvious how much taehyung likes him. and we both heard the story hoseok told us about him and yoongi kissing the other day. yoongi definitely likes him too."

"see! i just have to ask tae about it. he'll have an explanation, i know he will."

"you better be sure, jin. they're gonna kill us if you're wrong."

"i'm not wrong. you'll see."

_______________________________

short chapter sOrry

this story will probably only be a few more chapters cause i kinda hate it (unless i have like breakthrough or smth idk)

but thanks you guys sm for reading!! i hope you all are staying in and staying safe during these hard times 💕