11

"w-what?"

hoseok was shocked.

"i-" jungkook stopped talking, feeling tears well up in his eyes, "nevermind."

jungkook turned to walk away, not wanting hoseok to know that he was crying, but hoseok grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"jungkook, what are you talking about?"

the small boy just looked down at his feet and whispered softly, almost like he was embarrassed or scared, tears in his eyes.

"n-not here," he said, weakly, running off before hoseok had the chance to stop him.

-

the rest of the day felt like a lifetime. hoseok felt like he was on pins and needles, glancing around himself to make sure that his boss wasn't near him almost every second.

he had been thinking about what had happened the entire day.

if i had just stayed at home, it never would have happened.

he also couldn't stop thinking about jungkook and what he had said to him. he thought he heard him correctly, but he wasn't sure. he was praying that he had misunderstood, but something in his gut was telling him that he was right.

and if jungkook had been touched by the disgusting man,

what would hoseok do?

he couldn't even stand up for himself or tell anyone what had happened to him, so how could he stand up and be strong for someone else?

-

the day finally ended and hoseok couldn't have been happier. he ran to the back, hoping to see jungkook grabbing his things. when the boy wasn't there and his stuff was gone, hoseok grabbed his bag and ran out the door, hoping to catch jungkook before he left.

when he got outside he saw jungkook quickly walking to his car, running to catch up with him.

"jungkook!" he shouted, struggling to keep up with the boys fast pace.

jungkook came to a stop and turned around, hoseok finally catching up to him.

"you didn't wait for me," hoseok said, quietly.

"i-i know. i'm sorry. it's just..."

jungkook was hysterical, like he was about to break down any second.

"what?"

jungkook finally broke down, tears spewing down his face.

"i-i just knew you were gonna ask me about what happened and i-i didn't want to tell you. i'm just so embarrassed about it and i'm... i'm so sorry," jungkook cried out, letting his head fall onto hoseok's shoulder, hiding his dripping wet face.

hoseok quickly wrapped his arms around him, feeling his heart break even more at the small boy balling into his shoulder.

"don't apologize. y-you didn't do anything wrong."

jungkook just shook his head into hoseok's shoulder, more tears streaming out.

"yes i did-" he choked out, finally lifting his head up and biting down on his swollen lips.