25

about a week went by since the court day and none of the boys were really talking, except for jin and namjoon, of course. hoseok had been distancing himself from the two of them and pretty much everyone else. even tae and yoongi weren't talking much. it was awful. none of them were happy.

yoongi glanced down at his phone for about the hundredth time that day.

no apology.

no, "hey".

no explanation.

nothing.

he wished moving on from hoseok was easier. he wished he wouldn't have let himself fall so hard for the boy. he wished he wouldn't have been so naive, so stupid.

yoongi knew they were over for good. there was no way they could be together now, after everything that happened.

he just wished he could know he truth.

he wanted to know if it was all fake. he wanted to know if all the feelings were really just in his head the whole time.

in the moment, their relationship was so pure and genuine. it felt like magic. now, the fact that it could have possibly all been fake drove him crazy.

he didn't want to be the one to text hoseok. if hoseok really cared about him then he would be the one to text yoongi, right?

well, a week had already passed and he hadn't heard anything.

hoseok really didn't give a shit about him.

yoongi was broke away from his thoughts when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"come in," yoongi shouted.

tae opened the door, with a sigh, glancing around at yoongi's dark and messy room.

"hey," tae said.

"hey."

the atmosphere was definitely weird. both the boys were heavily depressed and trying hard to hide the sadness they both felt. it made them each feel uncomfortable around each other and on edge.

"i'm gonna leave for a few days."

"...leave?"

"i'm gonna rent a cabin and get away for a little while. i just need to clear my head."

yoongi sighed, secretly wishing taehyung would just take him with.

"oh... okay. when are you leaving?"

"...now."

yoongi just nodded, watching as tae headed to leave his room.

"wait," yoongi said.

"yeah?"

yoongi hopped out of the bed, quickly and ran to tae, embracing him.

tae hugged him back, releasing the breathe he was holding in.

"we're gonna get through this," yoongi said, rubbing his hand over tae's back.

tae was silent for a moment, just taking in the comfort, hugging yoongi tightly.

"...are we?" tae asked, sniffling, separating from the hug.