Tutoring Mr. Perfect

Book :- Tutoring Mr. Perfect by guitarnotes

Reviewed by :- Synonymous_Boost

Grammatical construction :- 10

Grammatical construction is done in an amazing way.

Grammatical errors :- 09

There are very minimal amount of errors in the grammatical section which when improved, will let the book flourish in a perfect manner.

Easily understood :- 10

The book is written by using very simple and right words so, it's not really that hard to understand it.

Use of vocabulary :- 10

Some pretty awesome words are used to define characters which makes the book more compatible to read.

Use of punctuation marks :- 09

No punctuation errors are there in the book but, on a close look some places can be hindered to make the book more interesting.

Portrait of the story in the title of the book :- 10

"Tutoring Mr. Perfect" completely suits the book. After all, the book is completely based on Marianne teaching Leo. Tutoring him makes the base of the story. No better title is suited for this book.

Lessons gained :- 10

The book teaches us on very sensitive topic of suicide. Also, if you read it, you will understand that a simple online post can effect a person's life in a different way which can be both affirmative and negative. It can affect someone to such an extent where a person sees suicide as an only attempt to escape the world and problems. The book is rated mature because it speaks of suicide and violence ( not actually physical but social ) which is completely justified. So, I appreciate the efforts of author with this book.

Character sketching :- 09

Though, all the characters are sketched to near perfection, there are a few places where it can be improved. For example :

1. Frank :- Well, as an only parent, he is sketched well. His way of devoting time in bringing both Leo's and Marianne's personality to their peak is appreciative. But, somewhere, his immediate dislike for Marianne after seeing her with Leo is not completely justified.

2. Marianne's parents :-

Well, they are portrayed well but their behaviour is not completely justified with the situation. Their character do need some more focus so that the readers can understand how a parent feels when he thinks their daughter has deceived them.

3. Marianne :-

Everything is nice about her character except the part where one time Emma, Vanessa and everyone is making fun of her and suddenly all of them became her friends and even asked her for help in Vanessa's love life. That was way too sudden.

All other characters are sketched nicely.

At last, I would like to say that the book is written perfectly. Fix some minor changes and the book will become  absolutely more convincing. I literally loved it.

Score: 77/80

Thank you.