Maylorcon

Title: Maylorcon

Author: Skullfvcked

Grammatical Construction: 6

Probably the weakest of all areas of review. There didn’t seem to be a prominent writing style. It was also a bit hard to tell who was speaking in some dialogue, as sometimes 1 paragraph contained 2 people’s words. It wasn’t horrible, but it felt kinda basic.

Grammatical Errors: 8

There wasn’t a whole lot of mistakes. Sometimes the sentence structure was a bit unorganized, but it doesn’t remain in my head as a major issue.

Easily Understood: 7

This book is definitely constrained in my eyes by the confusing dialogue. It was tattered and sort of all over the place. It’s good to have parts where it’s obviously alternating, so that there’s a couple back to back paragraphs that are solely dialogue with nothing outside the quotation marks, but in this one I reread a couple and realized that sometimes one character would have two consecutive dialogue paragraphs. This made things a bit tricky to read.

Use of Vocabulary: 7

Nothing special to report here. Pretty standard levels of vocabulary, about the same as mine.

Use of Punctuation Marks: 10

Didn’t notice any problems on this end. I don’t think there were any mistakes or missing punctuation marks.

Title-Book Relativity: 10

Anyone who has context before reading this story will understand what the title even means, as it’s a ship name between a few members of the Queen band. As expected, it’s the main focus of the book.

Character Development: 9

I considered an 8, but when I looked at it a bit more to be able to truly understand the similarities and differences of the characters at the end of the book to their past-counterparts, it seemed perfectly balanced. Their actual behavior didn’t really change, but the emotions broiling underneath rapidly shifted, giving a sense of desperation and turmoil for the characters, reflecting their dire situation.

Lessons Gained: 5

I’m pretty much putting this as N/A. I would like it if I could just remove this part entirely. This book doesn’t have a lesson to be learned, nor was it meant to have one. It’s simply a story of drama between a group of friends, there’s no need to overthink it.

This book gets a 62 out of 80 for me (or 57 out of 70), making it a decent book. It’s a good and entertaining book to read in your spare time. Only the dialogue really riled me up, but that can be overlooked a bit. I haven’t got much else to say than what I’ve already said.

Score: 62/80

THANK YOU