After The Warmth

Title: After the Warmth

Author: FanminsClub

Grammatical Construction: 9

It was fine on the most part, but at the beginning through most of the book the paragraph style was centered, but at the last chapter it’s to the left, so that’s pretty much why there’s one point knocked off.

Grammatical Errors: 10

No spelling mistakes, and although there were random words that had their first letter capitalized for no reason, I won’t take points off for it.

Easily Understood: 8

The dialogue was pretty confusing early on. The speech lines were in their own little paragraphs, with no indication of who spoke until the next paragraph. I won’t focus on it for too long though since it was eventually fixed about halfway through.

Use of Vocabulary: 10

Nothing to be desired here. There was quite the variety of different words, but none too complicated for the average person to know.

Use of Punctuation Marks: 10

All good here. Either there were no mistakes, or I just don’t remember them, both are a good thing.

Title-Book Relativity: 7

I… I’m not sure I get it. I had to read the entire book and wait a bit before I finally realized what the title was referring to. Tell me if I’m missing something (if it’s a reference or whatnot), but warmth was talking about the fire. Nit picky thing first, but warmth is a bit mild of a term when talking about fire. Ignoring that, the main reason is that the fire at the beginning is supposed to be haunting the character and is the reason that she embarks on this mission, but the book only focuses on it for a bit before dropping it almost completely later on. I never really remembered it that much, so through the entire book the title continued to puzzle me.

Character Development: 8

There was a bit of development in the relationship between the main character and Jimin, and the main protagonist began to harness her inner spirit and was starting to take a new perspective on the wolves, but the rest of the characters seemed pretty static.

Lessons Gained: N/A

The book isn’t finished, and although I think that Jimin might learn to accept his fur colour, it’s still way too early to tell.

Summarization: To fix some, think about where you want this story to go. What are the characters trying to achieve? Why are they trying to achieve this? And what will they do to get it? The last two are the ones I think need to be shown a bit more. As for the rest, just finish it and then go back to adjust and edit stuff to fit the current style and you’ll be fine. Overall, it’s written great, and there’s not really much to complain about. I do like the interactions between characters. Hopefully when you finish it you can watch as it gains popularity among the KPop community.

Score: 62/70

THANK YOU