Secrets

Book :- Secrets by AdriannaRaines3172

Reviewed by :- Synonymous_Boost

Grammatical construction :- 10

Grammatical construction is good.

Grammatical errors :- 09

There are a few grammatical errors but they can be ignored cause they are not that major. Still....

Easily understood :- 10

The prologue is written in a person's point of view while first chapter is written in third person's point of view. This makes it quite easy and unique to understand the characters and their lives.

Use of vocabulary :- 09

Simple and easy English words are used in the story. But, you have made it so interesting by using Latin and other languages. The book could have done even better with a little bit of substitutions for some words.

Use of punctuation marks :- 10

All punctuation marks are used in correct places. Though some places are there were some paragraph changing is required but still, the book is written fabulously.

Portrait of the story in the title of the book :- 08

Even though the book revolves around Rose finding secrets, it is quite hard to understand the fact that the answers for her every question just come and fall into her lap. So, the title don't actually do justice with the plot. It can be improved.

Lessons gained :- 09

While reading this book, a person gets to learn that ups and downs do come in life. All that matters, is how you learn to surpass those boundaries and improve yourself while taking care of people around you.

Character sketching :- 07

Well, first of all, noone except Rose is seen getting developed. Other characters are not even in the light. They just appear either to die or vanish or to humiliate Rose. For example :- Stella was first pictured nice and shy. She remains like this for 11 years of school and suddenly she changes into great attention seeker... in just 2 months. That's too fast. It is not even shown how she managed to change or what changed her.

Vincent and Damein .... Well, they don't get enough light in the story. It makes it hard to understand their scale of development.

On the other hand, Rose changes drastically in almost every chapter. At first, she is shown school's bad girl and the other moment you see, she has changed so much. I understand that some incidents change people but that change should have been shown in a better way.

And, Amber ??

She doesn't change. Also, her character needs to be introduced in a better way.

At the end, Secrets is a really good book which will thrill you to your best.
At first, I thought that book is inspired by 'Shadow Demon' series and I was not wrong about it. But, the plot do contain some twists which makes it unique to read. Also, do tell me if "Beautiful Demons" was your inspiration or not ??

Score :- 72/80

Thank you.