Chapter Eleven

Word Count: 1579

~Luella

My eyes are misty, my foot flat against the floor.

I'm not sure how to keep my emotions in check. I feel lied to, deceived and not okay with this situation at all. My sister Della, who I don't always get on with at the best of times is dating an immortal? I don't understand how I could have such a major oversight. Surely that's the reason I'm getting these hallucinations...It's some kind of consequence of him being close.

I slap my steering wheel. I hate that this happened. Knowing Della, she isn't going to want anything to do with me now that she has this powerful immortal on her arm. What business does he have with her anyway? I'm not saying she is beautiful, I'm just saying that people like him should stick to...his own type.

Maybe I'm bitter. Maybe I'm jealous she always gets lucky, whereas I get all the problems, and the crazed Sins chasing after me.

How could I have broken this immortal's heart if he is pining after someone else?

Rain suddenly starts up out of nowhere, slapping violently against my windshield. Of course, the never-ending thunderstorms of Fate's territory. For a long time, I remember it being warm, sunny; the perfect seaside place to keep everyone happy. It seems with my dark frame of mind; the weather has turned to mirror it. At least I can relate to something around here.

By the time I make it to Fate's territory, I've exhausted all my anger into nothing but disappointment. This wouldn't be the first time she's gone and done something I haven't been okay with, but I suppose that's the reality of having a sister.

Pulling up inside a parking lot, I wait for the rain to die down a bit before I step out again. I've come to visit Mr. Fisher, my therapist. No one else is going to be willing to talk.

At this point I'm desperate.

He answers the door the moment I knock. He must have been watching me arrive from the window. He ushers me inside, closing the door behind me as I brush water off my clothing. I'm surprised he is here, considering the lateness od the hour. Either way, I was pushing my luck by coming here, so I'm pleased to see maybe he will have time for me.

"You look distraught," he comments, pulling out a chair from me in front of his desk. Promptly sitting down on it, I tuck my jacket around me, collecting my thoughts.

"I had no one else to talk to. I'm quite frankly confused," I admit, my voice hoarse. For once, there is a moment of silence in my brain, no commotion existing after that dinner. Maybe Thought will finally leave me alone, so he could one day be a part of the family. Just that thought makes me feel nauseous.

Mr. Fisher sits down behind his desk, adjusting the glasses on his face. "Talk to me."

"I know this isn't going to make much sense, but I'm going to say it anyway. My sister is dating Thought, the immortal, which I know sounds crazy, but for some reason it's true. And all these mental problems are his fault, and she didn't warn me the entire time," I exasperate, resting my elbows on his desk. It feels good to get this off my chest to someone who isn't within my own hallucination.

He looks sympathetic, which only encourages me to talk more. "And not to mention Revel, that immortal you brought to my attention. He's now claiming he can get rid of this problem, but really hasn't helped me at all. I just don't know what I did to deserve this.

Mr. Fisher walks around the desk, not sitting down at his seat. He's seems to be pacing back and forth, thinking. I doubt this makes much sense to him, but at least he's trying.