Chapter Thirty Seven

Word Count: 1639

¬Luella

We left Della behind to look after the home while we continue on our journey, our destination still not having been uttered by Thought.

I trust that he is going to take me far away from our reality, somewhere we can relax and not think about what my powers mean, and what enemies they have lured in. And most importantly, it will give us time to explore the reality of what it means to be mates, since our relationship has been strange since we first met.

"I thought there could be something else we could do on our way to where I want to take us," Thought says suddenly, breaking me away from where I was staring outside the passing scenery. Right now we are passing through a dense mountain-like biome with snow packed against the side of the road, magic keeping it from covering the asphalt.

"What might that be?"

"I have word about someone who may need your help," he tells me uneasily, as if anticipating an explosive reaction. I eye him carefully. Recently I've felt like I haven't been able to help anyone, like these powers are a curse people either want to run from, or want to claim for themselves. "Someone I'm sure you would be willing to help."

Looking back out the window at the flurry of snow we pass by, I wonder who I know that I would be willing to help. In reality, I don't know many people, and don't idolize anyone at all. My sister and my mate are all I have.

"Really? Who?"

"Millicent. The Moon Goddess," he says, glancing at me from the corner of his silver eyes, gauging my reaction. I can't help but flinch, not expecting that to be what came from his mouth.

"Is she not enslaved by the Moon?"

I've never truly given myself over to the idea of the Moon Goddess, and all the stories that surround her. From what I learnt in school, she is trapped by the Moon to keep the entity company. In order to please her a lot of people pray to her, or sing to her to get benefits. However, many people never see them unless they are Alpha's, or high up in power.

"I was told through my brother that she no longer is, for now, at least," Thought says uneasily. Of course Time would know as much as possible about other immortals business. "When I contacted her mate, he said he could do with some help, especially when hearing about your abilities."

It suddenly dawns on me why someone as power as the Moon Goddess could possibly need my help. "You want me to read the Moon Goddesses mind?"

"If you would be willing, of course," he says quickly. Slouching back in my seat, I consider that for a long moment. Getting into Millicent's mind? Only a few weeks ago I would have laughed at the idea of ever coming close to an immortal like that, let alone getting into their head.

"But she is more powerful compared to other pure-bloods. It might not work."

"Apparently she doesn't have any powers," Though says with a shrug, as if he doesn't quite believe that. Honestly, neither do I. "If you are worried, then you do not need to."

I sigh, knowing that this is the right thing to do, "I'll do it."

***

It took us a few hours to reach Sinful's estate, after finding out this snowy biome belongs to him.

I'm not surprised when we climb up a treacherous hill to the top, finding a magnificent estate on the top with a breathtaking view of endless mountain tops and a glittering starry sky. Here I was thinking Thought had one of the most beautiful manors in the immortal realm, when clearly I had never laid eyes on Sinfuls home.