Chapter Thirty Five

Word Count: 1495

¬Luella

I know what he's doing.

It's painfully obvious that he knew Thought was approaching before I did, and him kissing me is his sick, twisted way of getting under my mates skin. With Stace's lips pressed against mine, his fingers gripping the sides of my face firmly, I'm both so disgusted and surprised, it takes me a moment to react, before I swiftly, pull myself from his grasp.

"Get off me," I growl, refraining from wiping my lips, as tempting as it is. Looking at the doorway, I notice Thought has vanished, leaving an empty, gaping space that has my stomach twisting uneasily. He didn't think that was real, did he?

I got to walk into the hallway, to track down my mate, but Stace's arm comes out to block the doorway, making me balk.

"A way to an immortal soul is through his mate," he murmurs, the way his dark eyes bear into me making me shiver. I could push him away from me again, but I've only just managed to convince him out of killing Death and potentially harming me. "That's a weakness I refuse to relate to."

I want to tell him he's cold, heartless and selfish, but I refrain. To some degree, I can understand why he is wanting to get revenge on immortals, considering they are a threat to his people, but I can't allow him to hurt my mate. If he kills a pure-blood, it will threaten my people.

"You'll get what's coming for you," I growl, ducking under his arm before stalking through the hallway. Thankfully, he doesn't follow me.

Thought is lingering not too far down the hallway, pacing back and forth incessantly,

I run up to him, grabbing his arm. "Thought..."

"What is Stace doing here?" he questions, whirling around to face me. He doesn't look angry, simply confused, his face ashen and colourless as he looks me over. I'm shaken from this entire experience, but at least I'm not injured in any way.

"We shouldn't talk about this here. Death likely thinks I'm dead," I whisper, motioning around myself. She didn't send Stace to kill me, but she must be sitting somewhere in this massive estate, happy she successfully removed my powers. She must have let Thought into her home assuming the job was already done, and there would be nothing he could do.

Wordlessly, Thought grabs my arm, the world dissolving around us. I don't release my breath until my feet are firmly planted on the floor, and my eyes are open. We are back in Thoughts estate, right at the foot of his grand stairs at the entrance level.

He lets go of me, but I immediately jump into conversation.. "How do you know Stace?"

"Everyone knows him. Well, immortals at least," Thought says with a careless shrug, as if who this man is shouldn't be important to me. "No one likes him."

I've recalled what Stace said to me earlier, that he didn't elaborate on enough. I don't want to let the fact that he took me off guard by kissing me make me forget what Stace said to me in the first place about Thought, that if true, would make me look at him differently.

"He told me you were a part of the killing of his people."

Thought doesn't even flinch, looking at me with furrowed brows, hardly thinking this is as big of a deal as I see it to be. "People who wanted to kill me and other pure-bloods which would threaten the entire world around us right now."

"But there are innocent people involved," I remind him. People that he could work on sending back to wherever Stace comes from without having to kill them all. I'm adamant that it isn't the only option for them, especially when they have that much power.