Chapter Thirty Two

Word Count: 1897

¬Luella

The water runs across my skin, a gentle, warm caress.

This is the only place I can find peace, after waking in Death's realm. I'm unsure of whether to be angry at Thought or not, to blame him for putting me here. After last night, I'm more motivated than ever to get into Death's head and determine for myself why she really wants me here.

Because something tells me it's not to protect me. Even if Thought thinks it is.

Leaning back against the shower wall, I think about my mate again. Once this is over, what is going to happen between us? Lately, it's felt like he hasn't had much interest in strengthening our bond, just protecting me and this curse I'm stuck with. I haven't been helpful, so he can't be blamed. I was scared of him, and his power, but now I have it, or a potentially more dangerous version of his power, so I have no reason to be scared anymore.

And I'm not going to pretend like I'm not attracted to Thought. He's stunning, with immaculate looks moulded from pure-blood genetics. His kindness and gentleness toward me is deceptive, though. I know what he is capable of, and who with.

Yet he still has the facility to love me. A lot.

That thought scares me, loving him. But the bond is getting thicker, harder to resist. At this point, I don't think I want to anymore.

Suddenly the door to the bathroom opens, steam billowing around the figure that walks through. It frightens me for only a moment, before I realise it's likely Thought, here to ensure that I'm not about to do something bad...he must suspect something, if he's back already.

Then it hits me that I'm completely bare, and he is entering the bathroom to speak to me. Without hesitation, I turn off the water, leaning out the steam covered door to grab my towel. However, Thoughts hand comes out, gripping my wet wrist tightly, leading back into the shower as he opens the door widely.

It hits me in that moment, that I'm not embarrassed that my mate is seeing me naked right now. He doesn't look at my body, but instead my eyes, trying to read my expression. He is here through my mind right now, not in person. Yet my body reacts to the sight of him all the same.

"What are you doing here?" I breathe, leaning my back against the shower wall. Thought leans across, hand behind me, before turning the water on himself.

I flinch, as he grins. "Didn't mean to interrupt your shower."

"Do you have to keep harassing me here? Maybe you should actually come here if you want to do that." I growl, folding my arms over my chest, making no move to cover my body. Remarkably, I'm not frightened of having him see me, and he isn't being to brazen with the way he looks at me.

He just respectfully focuses his gaze on only my eyes, and nothing more.

"I came to tell that I will be here tomorrow. I'm sorting a few things with Time, and then I will be all yours," he breathes, that smile taunting me, daring me to react.

I narrow my eyes, seeing the challenge. "All mine? Maybe I don't want you here."

He smirks, clearly not fazed by my snarky tone. Finally his gaze drops slightly below my eyes, and to my lips, making my cheeks stain crimson. "I want to kiss you."

Shivering, despite being under the hot water, I think over what it would mean to kiss him, what that would change about our relationship. Likely not much, but it will make it harder to resist him in the future, if I even want to anymore...

"Too bad I'll have to wait till tomorrow," he murmurs. And then he disappears, returning back to his own reality, and out of mine. I grit my teeth, turning the shower off and stepping outside to dry myself off. He's done this to make me wait, to make me think it all over until it drives me insane.