Chapter Eighteen

• COMING SOON •To Wattpad and Radish

COMING SOON •
To Wattpad and Radish

Word Count: 1709

~Luella

I'm not sure how he expects me to react.

Maybe I should be jumping up, excited to take an offer a pureblood immortal's offering. However, my heart completely falls into my stomach. The idea of staying, no, being trapped inside a dream is enough to turn this into a nightmare. And with Thought...I have no reason to trust him yet. Who knows what he would manipulate me to think in here.

"You're crazy," I hear myself saying. Thought doesn't react the way I assumed he would, not appearing offended at all. He simply loosens a deep breath, backing up a few steps to one of the stacks of books against the wall, looking at the spines as if they actually exist.

I have to remember that nothing around me exists. Thought isn't someone who I can touch, and feel real sensations. Even if I did, it would be a simulation.

A terrifying one, too.

"I know it sounds strange, but I have enough power to maintain us both in a dream state for a long while," he tells me, not even glancing over his shoulder to look at me. I'm not doubting his power, since I know for a fact he's capable, but that doesn't mean it's right. "Long enough that maybe all these immortals who want to come between us will back off."

"Thought...None of this is right," I tell him, regardless of what he has told me. It sends shivers down my throne, knowing there may be immortals out there who want me dead, not including Revel or Fate. "I don't have your abilities and they know that."

Fate and Revel haven't been too honest about why they want me either with or without him, but I have my assumptions. They want his power, and I have no other choice but to oblige.

I owe Thought nothing, yet I feel as though I'm betraying him.

"Stay in here long enough to get to know me, then. No interruptions," he offers, finally turning around to look at me. He's holding a book, which he hands to me, but I refuse to take it. It's like an offering...he can give me all I need here to be happy, even if it's just a simulation. But I don't want his false advertising, I want answer.

"Are you okay?" I question, wondering whether he is actually sane or not. How can he expect me to survive in real life while he keeps me trapped in this state? "Because there is no way we can stay in here. I mean, I have a body to look after."

Thought sighs abruptly, a loose curl blowing away from his forehead for a moment. Just that simple action has my heart fluttering for a vulnerable moment.

No, I can't react to the mate bond.

"Don't worry about that. In no time, you'll know enough about me to decide whether you want to be with me or not," Thought says, his voice hemmed with an air of confidence, knowing there's no way I'm going to leave here without being all over him.