Chapter Forty

Word Count: 2041

His eyes don't leave mine as he steps toward me.

Ignoring my thudding heart, I allow his scent to his me, his body, as his hands come up to cup my face, kissing me with a fervent passion that is unmistakably real. His playful words have vanished, no longer wanting to mess around, to jump around want we both want to happen. The bond between us locks tight, every inch of my body begging to be close to him, to not pull away. This is what I want...I want him.

He doesn't have to read my mind to realise what I want, sweeping me into his arms in a way that makes me gasp, walking me slowly over the couch where he lays me down gently.

His tenderness only lasts a brief moment before he resumes his passionate kisses, sending my mind spirling in all kinds of directions.

Part of me knows that the more he kisses me, the harder it will be to pull away. But should I? There is nothing holding me back now, with all my worries seeming a world away. And right now, I want to share an intimate moment with my mate in case this perfect peace shatters, and reality strikes me again. I want to feel happy after not having felt that for so long.

Sensing my commitment to him, to this moment, Thoughts hands move boldly down my body, delving beneath my shirt at the same time my hands do under his.

I could pull away, but this time, I don't want to.

The softness of his skin against my fingertips makes me shudder, feeling the taut muscle beneath move as he braces himself over me. There is something about the way his hand slides along my waist, past my ribs and to my back, holding me upward slightly as he continues to kiss me.

He pulls away for a moment, the absence of his lips on mine making me realise how long I've been waiting for this, and that I don't want this to stop.

His gaze burns with a silvery fire, full lips parted as he breathes in deeply. "No more playing. Do you want this?"

I don't need to think, nodding quickly. A smile crosses his face, one of both excitement and contentment as he gently squeezes my waist, leaning down to kiss me again. Before he has the chance, I press my palm against his chest, forcing him to sit up to rest against the back of the couch.

He frowns slightly, a flicker of fear that he had pushed me too far dancing across his face, bursting in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

I nod, pulling my hand down his chest, to his stomach and to his crotch, where before my fingers can brush up against the waistband of his pants, he grabs my wrist, stopping me.

"Save that for later," he murmurs, eyes darkening, still noting my eagerness. Instead, his lips find mine again, grabbing a hold of me to carry me up and out of the living area and into the dark bedroom, where the curtains are yet to be drawn, and a view of the stars is evident. I don't let go of him as he lays be down on the bed, my hands already tugging at his shirt, begging to have it discarded.

He obliges me, rearing up to tug it over his head, revealing his surprisingly toned torso. He then allows me to push him until he is lying against the bed, the dark sheets molding around his body, which admittedly, is near perfect.

I'm not sure where the confidence has come from - maybe it's all the excitement and tension between us that has been growing for so long - as I rear up, tugging my clothing off sensually, enjoying the way my mates eyes glimmer as they look all over me.

Once I've completely shed all my clothing, I sit there on my knees, letting him admire me, letting myself feel confident and sexy, which I haven't felt in a long time.