001

asia danced around her room in her silk white robe with a hairbrush in her hand singing along to the song don't check on me by chris brown.

"don't check on me. if we're not together, then it's probably for a reason. every heartbreak has its season it ain't always summer in june" asia sang into her hairbrush. "might-" asia was interrupted by her phone being blown up by her friend sophie.

"get dressed your going out tonight!" sophie screamed into the phone making asia pull the phone away from her ear temporarily.

"no i'm not" asia laughed at her friend.

"yes you are you are always in that house and you need to get out. make new friends, mingle. i've got a friend named nick i want you to meet" sophie listed off annoying asia.

"but-"

"no ifs ands or buts, your coming be ready at seven" sophie demanded and hung up the phone. asia rolled her eyes and tossed her phone on her bed.

"alexa, play my get ready play list" asia instructed and sat down at her vanity, she had three hours to get ready and if she was going to get ready, she was going to get ready.

three hours later

asia finished tying up her white yeezys and looked at herself one last time in the mirror. her patted down her green puffer jacket and took it off and posed in the mirror. she held it over her shoulder contemplating if she should wear it or not. asia's phone began to ring and she answered it.

"hello?"

"hey, ok so i sent you an uber, traffic was so bad that it only made sense for me to go straight to the party after work so text me when you get there and i'll meet you at the front door ok?" sophie said to asia through the phone.

"ok" asia simply replied and hung up, to say the least asia was pissed. asia's phone rang with a text that the uber had arrive a few minutes later and she grabbed the green jacket and headed out the door.

"thank you" asia thanked the driver after the twenty minute ride and walked into the apartment building. "weird" asia thought out loud as she entered the lobby of the building, usually apartment party's get shut down real quick. she pulled out her phone and texted sophie a simple here and went to the elevator.

"hi" asia greeted the guy who also stood waiting for the elevator politely. the guy responded with a small smiled and redirected his attention to the sign above the elevator that indicated what floor it was on. bing. the elevator doors slid open and the two walked in side by side. the guy pressed the fifth floor button and turned to asia silently asking what floor she needed.

"oh i'm going to five as well" she smiled at him and looked down at her phone to see sophie texted her back saying she was waiting by the door.

the two rode in the elevator silently until they both heard a concerning machanical noise and felt the elevator come to a rough stop. asia looked around to see and feel the elevator was no longer moving.

"umm" the guy said looking at the buttons and pressing them continuously "i think we're stuck" the guy turned around to face her.

"maybe we should try the call button?" asia suggested calmly walking to where he previously stood and pressed the red button with a phone on it.

"hello what's your emergency?" a voice spoke through the speaker.

"hi, we are stuck in the elevator" asia said.

"how many people are stuck with you ma'am?" the lady asked.

"just me and one other guy"

"is anyone in need of medical assistance?" she asked. i looked at the guy and he shook his head no calmly.

"no we are both ok"

"ok officers will be there shortly to evacuate you, ok?" the lady said.

"ok thank you" i said and she hung up. i leaned up against the wall across from the other guy, and the waiting game begun.

five minutes in

i texted sophie letting her know where i was and she freaked out, but i told her everything was ok and that i wasn't alone. both me and the guy were on our phones not talking to eachother.

ten minutes later

we have both resorted to sitting on the elevator floor and continuing to not talk and be on our phones, i mean i'm all for making conversation but he seems a little shy.

thirty minutes later

"ok so much for they will be here shortly" i rolled my eyes and laughed a bit placing my phone down on the floor.

"i know right i've got places to be, people to see" he joked.

"let me guess girlfriend?" i asked him even though it was none of my business.

"no party, what about you your dressed up" he asked me.

"party as well" i replied clearly not excited to go.

"what you don't like going out?" he asked me placing his phone down as well.

"not that i don't like it, but i don't know anyone at this party besides my friend sophie" i admitted and he made an o shape with his mouth.

"i'm zion" he stuck out his hand across the elevator.

"asia" i shook his hand and we both leaned back on the walls.

one hour thirty minutes

"3, 2, 1" zion counted down and we both store into each other's eyes. we have had staring contests, but this contest was a little different. this game was about who could hold eye contact the longest, just looking into each other for the longest amount of time. gradually over time we moved closer to the middle of the elevator so now we both sat criss cross a foot away a from eachother. i looked deeply into his eyes smiling and he did the same. a minute passed and neither of us cracked.

"last time i check those weren't my eyes" i smiled still looking at zion as his eyes trailed across my face.

"sorry couldn't help myself" he smiled and continued to stare at my nose, then my cheeks, then my lips.

"you lose" i said to him and he shrugged.

"beats me."