Prologue

Niall looked at the pictures that were spread out on his bed. He had shed too many tears and he thought he could never cry anymore.

He had given his whole heart to a boy and his heart had ended up being trampled on and ripped out of his chest.

He had been betrayed.

And the worst thing about betrayal is that it doesn't come from people you don't kow, it comes from the ones you hold dearly to your heart.

Another set of tears gushed out of Niall's eyes. He didn't even attempt to wipe them now because they were still falling nonetheless.

He heard his bedroom door open and he quickly knew who it was because there was only one person who had stood by him through all the ordeal. Not that he had many acquittances to begin with.

"I'm back Ni, you ready to do this?" His bestfriend said behind him.

Niall turned around then nodded to Nicholas Grimshaw. Indicating that he was ready.

Without a word, Nick moved towards the bed and helped Niall gather all the photos that were scattered on the bed.

Niall's ex boyfriend had bought a professional camera and he liked taking pictures of both of them and actually developing them.

In the beginning the blonde was confused because the said boyfriend had no interest in photography whatsoever but he had assured Niall that he just needed to keep the memories of both of them with him.

He had even offered to always start developing two photos of each picture taken just so Niall could have a copy too.

Niall thought it was the sweetest thing ever but after having his heart ripped out,he came to understand the motive behind all the memories.

He sighed as he and Nick finished gathering up the photos.

"Come on bub, it'll be okay. You are starting over remember?" Nick said softly and hugged Niall.

They broke the hug and then they both went down to the living room and sat cross legged infront of the fire that Nick had started.

Nick had come up with a way that Niall would get rid of all traces of his ex and although Niall had gotten rid of most of the things, the photos were still there so Niall was gonna burn them and hopefully burn the memories from his heart too.

He threw the first picture in the fire and watched it burn. He felt a little bit better and so he threw the second and third and soon all the pictures of his ex boyfriend were gone.

Niall felt so much better but he had a constant reminder of what happened not too long ago.

For now he was okay.

"How do you feel?" Nick asked cautiously.

"I feel so much better and as long I don't meet with him ever again, I'll be fine." Niall smiled. He didn't wanna tell Nick that the memories in his head were still fresh and the important thing that will always be a reminder will stay with him forever.

"That's good Ni, and you are starting work tomorrow. Maybe you will meet someone who will capture your heart and will love you." Nick winked and Niall's heart ached.

He had to tell Nick and so he did.

"Nick... he left a part of him with me that will always be a reminder of what happened." Niall muttered softly, not even sure if his friend had heard him.

"What do you mean, Ni?" Nick looked concerned.

"I'm pregnant with his baby." Niall said softly.

"Really? Wow! I've always wanted to raise a baby and now my bestfriend is gonna have one. I'm always here for you Niall. You don't have to go through all of it alone." Nick rambled happily and Niall sighed in relief.

He was happy his friend was happy with his baby.

"You don't have to worry about anything and your ex means nothing to this baby because of what he did. Besides he's possibly not gonna meet you both anyway." Nick hugged Niall.

"Thanks so much Nick. It means a lot." Niall smiled.

"So when did you find out?" Nick asked.

"Just last month when I moved into the building." Niall replied.

"So you are like three months along?"

"Yeah."

"We'll get through this together, okay?" Nick assured Niall and they continued to talk and make plans for the baby.

Niall had moved to his current flat building a month prior and met Nick Grimmy who was a radio1 show host at BBC.

They instantly clicked and became friends. Niall had applied to be a Sound Engineer to SYCO records when he was in his last year of university and was offered a contract instantly but he had to start four months after his graduation

And so when he graduated from his University in Scotland, he permanently moved to London and left all his past back in Scotland.

He had so many memories in Scotland but he forced himself to forget them because of what happened between him and his ex.

However, when he found out that he was pregnant, he told his employer,  Simon Cowell himself and lucky for Niall, he was told that he was gonna be on leave when the baby arrived but at the moment, he had to work with one artist who was recording an album and would have to take as much days off as he needed as long as the singer was okay with it.

"Well, I'm gonna go home now. You need sleep, you know with the recording process that's starting tomorrow and all." Nick smiled as Niall yawned.

"Yeah you are right. I hope it goes well." Niall sighed.

"It will go well Niall. You are so amazing at what you do." Nick patted Niall's knee.

"And who knows maybe you will meet the One on your job and he'll be your baby's other dad and your ex will be completely forgotten." Nick said dreamily and Niall laughed.

"You are such a dreamer. Go to sleep." Niall stood up and shooed Nick to his flat down the hall.

He then went back inside and took a bag of crisps to the living room and munched on it as he watched a movie until he was sleepy.

He went up to his room and got ready for bed then he crawled in his bed and went to sleep.

For the first time in a long time, he didn't dream about his ex leaving him. 

He slept peacefully.

Maybe it was gonna be a new beginning after all.

____________________________________

Hi my sweet creatures, it's me again.

Well I had this story in my drafts for a while now but all the chapters I had written got deleted except for the prologue so I had to publish it before it got deleted too.

However, the next entry to this story will be after Accidentally On Purpose is finished because it's almost over.

Anyway, what do you think of the prologue?

Spread the love❤

_Jay_