Chapter. 22

"Dad?!" Niall yelled happily when he saw his father waiting for him in the waiting area.

At the sound of Niall's voice, Bobby looked up and saw his youngest son with a huge smile on his face, waddling over to him, he was about ready to pop.

"Son!" Bobby stood up and met Niall halfway, embracing him in a tight hug, well as tight as it could be without hurting him considering his condition.

"I missed you so much, da." Niall said, face pressed into his father's neck.

"It hasn't been that long since we last saw each other. You are such a baby." Bobby grinned at Niall when they pulled away.

Niall pouted making his father smile fondly. "Well you can't really blame me, can you?" He asked and Bobby shook his head.

"I love you son. You are my baby and you will always be my baby." He said and Niall grinned at him.

"That's what I like to hear." He cheered. That earned a chuckle from Bobby and Harry.

Bobby then noticed Harry standing there with a luggage trolley and on it were Niall's bags.

"Dad," Niall only realised that he hadn't introduced them. "This is Harry, my boyfriend and the other dad to our baby. Harry this is Bobby, my dad."

Bobby's face lit up in happiness and he went to hug Harry, dismissing his outstretched hand.

"It's wonderful to finally meet you, son." The older Horan said and Harry smiled, feeling a little bit calm.

"Likewise, sir."

"Oh call me Bobby." Bobby said and Niall nodded. "Well we gotta go before Maura comes all the way here to get you, she's so excited to see you back home." He said to Niall then turned to Harry. "And she will be even more excited that you came along, Harry."

Niall grabbed Harry's hand, squeezing it as if telling him that it will be okay.

Bobby then helped Harry with the trolley and they walked out to the car park.

When they got to the car, Bobby, with the help of Harry, placed everything in the car then they got in and drove off.

*

The ride home seemed to take years in Niall's opinion, he was so uncomfortable; his back hurt, his feet were swollen and the baby wouldn't stop kicking.

He breathed a sigh of relief when his father parked the car in his childhood home driveway.

"Go right in, I'll bring the bags." Bobby said to the two because it was very cold and he didn't want Niall out in the cold for too long.

Niall didn't argue with his dad, he grabbed Harry's hand and they walked towards the steps, opening the door and letting themselves in.

Niall smiled when the homey feeling of his home hit him.

"Mum!" He called when he and Harry had shrugged off their coats, and taken off their shoes.

"Niall?" His mother appeared from the kitchen and immediately broke out into a huge smile after seeing her son.

She walked foward and hugged him tightly, much like his father had done back at the airport.

"Oh my beautiful boy, how are you honey?" She kissed his forehead when they let go.

"I'm fine mum, how are you?"

After the pleasantries, Niall introduced Harry to his mum just as Bobby walked in with the last piece of luggage.