Chapter.20

"I'm gonna miss you so much around here, son." Simon hugged Niall one more time.

The pregnant lad was about to take his maternity leave and was just finishing up signing the necessary paperwork with Simon, however, the older man couldn't seem to let go of him.

"I'll miss you too, Si. I'm not going for good, I'll be back so wipe your tears." Niall said jokingly and they both laughed. "Before you know it, time will fly by so quickly and I'll be back to work."

Simon let go of Niall and the latter remained standing, only because sitting and getting up would be hassle. What with being almost nine months pregnant and all.

"I can't wait to meet the baby when you give birth." Simon smiled. "You are like a son, Ni and I feel like I'm gonna be a grandfather."

Niall put a palm on his bump and rubbed it when he felt her kick.

"Seems like she can't wait to meet you too." Niall smiled at his bump and then looked up at Simon whose eyes had just widened to the size of saucers.

"S-she?" Simon asked with a huge smile and Niall nodded.

"Yes, she. You are having a little granddaughter, Si." Niall's smile was just as wide as Simon's.

"Oh my god... This is great news!" Simon stood up and launched himself at Niall again, hugging him tightly. "But, why didn't you tell me all along?" He feigned offense.

"Because I was waiting for this moment to tell you. Right before I go on leave. This moment right here." Niall gave the older man a toothy grin and Simon shook his head fondly.

"Well, I'm so glad. I can't wait to see her." He said excitedly.

Niall rubbed his bump again when she kicked and he smiled.

"So the plan is still to travel?" Simon asked Niall after they'd talked about the baby for a bit.

"Yeah. I mean my mum offered to travel here and be with me but I guess I just wanna have her where I was born. And that way, all of my family who want to see her won't have to fly out." Niall explained, he hadn't told Simon about Harry and frankly he was quite nervous about when that happens, Simon has been so protective of him and he had made it clear to Niall that the man to hurt and impregnated him would get an earful from him.

So for now, Niall decided not bring it up.

"That's so sweet and considerate of you. I'll go see both of you when you put to bed and then we'll wait for you until you come back here." Simon smiled. "How long are you planning on staying there?"

Niall had thought about that long and hard. Originally, when he had found out that he was expecting, he had planned on staying in Ireland till the whole six months Simon had given him were over, but with the coming of Harry in his life, he decided that he would have to get back sooner.

He didn't want Harry to miss out on anything in their baby's early life.

"As soon as she is a bit strong and when I need little to no help from my mum with taking care of my incision. So when she is atleast a month old." Niall explained and Simon nodded.

They talked for a bit more and spent another half hour saying goodbye.

By the time, Niall was done, it was already time to knock off and so he went straight to Harry's studio to check up on him.

When he opened the door, he was met with Liam, Louis, Zayn and Brendan but no sign of his curly haired baby daddy.

"Niall! Hi, you doing alright?" Brendan stood up and went to give Niall and quick hug.