Chapter.16

The greenery passed by quickly.

Then came the streets with their bright and homey buildings.

The streets of his hometown.

Niall couldn't help but miss his childhood and growing up in this nice and amazing place.

In less than 10 minutes, he'd be home. Where he had all his childhood memories, stored away in those walls of his family home.

As the car went on, Niall wondered how his life would have turned out if he hadn't chosen to study in Scotland.

The place where he met Harry.

The place where he fell in love.

The place where he was used and had his heart broken.

It is not a pleasant place for Niall's box of memories but then again, it was a place where he was gifted with his little girl.

Niall loved his baby more than anything in the world and he knew that he wanted to take care of her, love her and protect her from all sorts of harm that this world had to offer.

Protect her even from heartbreak, if he could.

It was his love for his little girl that pushed him to finally see his family after almost a year and introduce them to his baby.

Granted, Niall and his family talked and facetimed frequently but they had no idea that the reason he didn't want them to attend his graduation was because he was heartbroken.

Was because the person who broke his heart had impregnated him and he was gonna give birth in less than three months.

They didn't know that but he was ready. More than ready.

Niall placed a hand on his bump when he felt a kick and smiled.

He wondered how Harry would react to feeling the baby's kicks but before he could wander further into the world of Harry Styles, the driver spoke up.

"We are here, sir." The man said in a thick Irish accent and Niall smiled a bit because he was gonna be meeting his family soon.

He struggled a bit to get out but he was soon outside, stood on his feet.

He took a deep breath, breathing in the smell of wet soil, left behind by the rain that had fallen not so long ago.

With the help of the driver, who insisted that Niall shouldn't lift heavy stuff, he had his bags retrieved from the car and sat on the porch steps.

He payed the cab driver with a huge tip and then waved as the man drove off.

Now came the nerves. He was here.

But he couldn't bring himself to knock and face everyone. He knew that they were all there because the next day would be his mother's birthday and so his brother, wife and their son were there along with his parents.

Niall took a deep breath, he hadn't told them that he would come and so they weren't expecting him.

He wondered if they would be okay with him being pregnant but he pushed that thought aside, Brendan and Nick had already talked his worry away, he didn't need to worry about that.

Niall finally, raised his hand and knocked on the door.

Within a few seconds, the door clicked and soon opened to reveal Niall's beloved mother.

He had missed her.

But he didn't know how much until he saw her in person, standing infront of him and looking shocked.