Chapter. 25

As soon as the car was parked in the driveway, Niall got out slowly; carefully and stood outside, waiting for his mother to get Janelle and carry her inside the house.

"Niall go on ahead, we'll bring everything in. Just go get comfortable." Bobby said.

Niall just glared at his father, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. The man had succeeded in breaking them apart.

God knows what he had said to Harry but earlier that day, Harry got back from the canteen --with Bobby hot on his heels-- and kissed Niall and Janelle then whispered him that he would be waiting for them in London.

Niall couldn't even ask what Harry meant because he had soon grabbed his bag and was out the door.

He had glared at his father and demanded to know what he had told the father of his child but had just just told him to forget about him and concentrate on the people that had gone to see him and Janelle.

Since then Niall hadn't said a word to Bobby or to Lewis who was also with them.

Once inside, Niall slowly made his way up the stairs and when he was on top, he breathed in relief. He was in pain.

He had no idea if it was his incision acting up after the damn stairs or if it was because he missed Harry. Either way, he was pain.

He dragged his body to his room and got in, leaving the door open, knowing that his mother would be up with the baby soon.

He went to stand infront of the mirror and lifted up his shirt, just to be sure that the incision wasn't bleeding.

And when he was certain, he carefully lay down on the bed and searched for his phone, planning to ring Harry up but he couldn't find it anywhere.

He reckoned he had placed it in one of the baby bags that were downstairs. He thought of going back down to check for it but there was a little knock on the door and his mother walked through the door with the baby carrier.

She unstrapped the baby and was about to lay her down in the little crib when Niall stopped her.

"Just lay her down next to me right here." He said and smiled when she opened her eyes as soon as she heard his voice. "Hey baby girl." Niall cooed and placed a kiss to her cheek.

She closed her eyes again and Niall reckoned she had gone back to sleep.

"Okay Niall, what's going on?" Maura asked after she had grabbed his desk chair and sat down.

"What do you mean?" He asked, having a vague idea of what she was talking about but wanting to be sure first.

"You haven't said a word to your father since... I have no idea and where is Harry? I just know that it's something but Bobby won't say anything and Greg is too oblivious to notice anything." She sighed and rubbed her temples. "I just want you all to be happy and talking to each other. I mean it's baby Nellie's first time at home. It should be a happy day."

Niall bit his lip, chewing on it as he thought about the whole thing while his mother was still speaking.

He had two options; tell her the reason why he wasn't talking to his father or just play it off. He reckoned telling the truth would make him feel a tad better but anyone who knew Maura Horan knew of how protective she was of her sons and Niall being the youngest, she still considered him her baby.

So telling her the truth will only result in things Niall wouldn't like. She would be crazy enough to even have him quit his job and look for something there Ireland, raise his daughter as far away from Harry as possible.