Chapter.3

"... then he just tells me how he is looking forward to tonight's party." Niall finished ranting to his bestfriend.

As soon as Nick had gotten off work, Niall had rushed to his flat and began pacing back and forth trying to calm himself down some.

That was until Nick had made a cup of tea for him and he took a few sips. He then began explaining how his ex boyfriend and father of his child was just gonna be with him in the same environment.

"Calm down Ni. I know this is hard bu-" Niall stood up from his chair as he looked at Nick.

"This is not hard Nick! This is a disaster! Oh my god I don't know how I will be able to cope with just being in the same place as him. Maybe I should just look for a job-" Niall was rambling and Nick stood up and just engulfed him in a big hug.

He knew that his friend was going through different emotions as it is and the last thing he needed was for Harry to come and mess his life up, again.

"It will be okay Niall, you will be okay." Nick said softly as he still hugged his friend.

"I tried to make it as nonchalant as possible but the moment I was out of his sight, I started freaking out." Niall mumbled in Nick's chest.

"You are strong Niall. You've been working on getting back to your feet and trust me when I tell you that it is a successful job so far. Will you let Harry drive you off of your workplace just like that?" Nick pulled away from Niall and held him at arms length as he looked into his eyes.

"No. I was here first, he can't drive me away." Niall said softly.

"Good, that's the spirit. Now he hurt you when you were together don't allow him to do the same even now that you are no longer together, okay?" Nick asked again.

"Yes." Niall said, feeling a gush of confidence shoot through his body. Harry had humiliated him and tore his heart apart, he cant allow him to walk all over him again.

"Now you and I are gonna go to that party and show him that you are over his sorry arse and don't live in the past." Nick said and Niall smiled, nodding his head frantically.

He was determined to show his ex that life didn't revolve around him and that he too has his own life to live.

He wanted to ask about what would happen when he starts to show but he decided he'd cross that bridge when he got to it.

"I'm gonna go get ready now!" Niall said excitedly and started for the door but Nick called him back.

"Not so fast Nialler. So you wanna tell me about the new lad you will be working with?" Nick smirked and Niall hit the back of his head.

"Stop smirking you idiot, it's far from what your mind is conjuring. I'm not interested in him like that. Or anyone else for that matter." Niall crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay okay, you don't have to bite me head off. Jeez." Nick raised his hands in surrender.

"So I'm gonna go get ready, see you when you see me." Niall said and left for his own flat.

*

An hour later, Niall and Nick were dropped off at the party by a driver that Simon had sent for Niall.

"This is beautiful." Niall said to Nick who was beside him as they looked around the massive place that was decorated to perfection.

"It is." Nick answered.

"Hi Niall, Nick how are you?" The lads turned around when thy heard a voice say behind them.

"Hello Simon, we are very well thank you." Niall answered for them
both.