Chapter. 28

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that arse♥♥ Damn Horan😋

......

The next morning, Niall woke up to an empty bed, he sat up and yawned then he got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom so that he could relieve himself.

Once inside, Niall quickly peed and only when he was done, did he hear the shower running, he had been really pressed.

"Morning baby." Harry called from the other side of the curtain and Niall giggled. "Why are you giggling?"

"Because the only thing separating me from from your stark naked body is this curtain between us." Niall said with another giggle and Harry chuckled.

"You are too cute, you know that." Harry said. "Nothing you haven't seen before, baby boy."

And by the voice alone Niall knew that he was smirking.

"I should go check on Janelle." Niall quickly said and left the room going back into his bedroom.

However, his heart missed a beat when he went over to the crib and found it empty, no Janelle and the Nemo toy that Theo had given him was nowhere to be seen.

"Harry!" Niall yelled, franticness starting to settle in him but choosing to ignore it for now. "Harry!"

The urgency and pitch of his voice alone was what brought Harry out of the shower with only a towel wrapped around his lower body; abdomen and legs covered in body wash that he hadn't been able to wash off yet. And hair dripping wet and matted to his forehead.

"What's going on?!" Harry asked, looking around frantically, thinking Niall was hurt or something.

"Do you know where Nellie is?" Niall asked, almost trembling with fear of what Harry's answer would be.

"Nell- what? Where is she?" Came Harry's answer, more like question and that only made Niall's heart beat a thousand times faster.

"I-I don't know." Niall stuttered out and rushed out of the room and into the nursery, Harry right behind him.

They were met with an empty room and Niall instantly fell to his knees sobbing.

"Niall, baby calm down." Harry knelt beside Niall. "What happened?" He asked because he had gone out for a run and when he had gotten back, he went straight to the bathroom. Granted, he didn't check on Janelle but he thought she was still sleeping because Niall was.

Niall stopped crying and looked up at Harry. He knew crying wouldn't help anything at the moment, they had to look for their child.

"I woke up with an urgent need to pee and I rushed to the bathroom, that's where I found you showering. And when I came back to the bedroom, the crib was empty and..." He trailed off, knowing Harry knew the rest.

"You didn't check on her before you went to the bathroom?" Harry asked and Niall shook his head. "Okay, don't panic, let's look around and see if anything else is missing." Even as he was saying that he was internally panicking.

Niall could only nod as he and Harry looked around. "Nothing is missing here." Niall announced.

They searched the rest of the house and everything seemed to be in place.

When they got the kitchen, Niall saw that the bottle he had made and left in the microwave around midnight was nowhere to be seen.

"The bottle is gone." Niall said after making sure.

"What?"

"The bottle I made her around midnight but she dozed off after a nappy change." Niall shared. "I put it right here to be ready for whenever she woke up." Niall explained.