Chapter. 23

It was happening and now that it was happening, Harry's nerves were back.

He and Niall were gonna be parents. That was the greatest news but it was also scary.

Would he even be a good dad?

What if he sucked and the child ended up hating him?

He was soon gonna have a little human being looking up to him, needing to be guided through life, protected, cared for and loved.

He was gonna have his personal person and he was more than glad he was having it her with Niall.

Inside the OR, Niall was laid down on the bed while Harry sat at the right side of Niall on a chair that had been given to him by one of the nurses.

A small curtain like thing was placed on Niall's upper body to demarcat his stomach and his chest area.

Then Ben addressed Niall and Harry. "Okay, Ni. You are gonna feel a bit of pressure but that's it. Harry please keep him calm and make sure he doesn't go to sleep before the baby is out, okay?"

"Yeah, I can do that." Harry smiled nervously and kissed Niall's forehead.

As soon as Niall felt the pressure that the doctor had told him about, drowsiness fell on him and his eyes dropped.

But Harry noticed and he had been told to keep Niall awake. So struck up a conversation, one he knew would keep Niall awake.

"Do you think she will have your eyes or mine?"

At that, Niall's eyes opened and Harry smiled.

"I love your eyes so much. So I'd really like it if she got your eyes and your dimples." He said.

"Well then," Harry pretended to think about it. "That would be a tough one then, because I fell in love with your eyes the first time I saw them and I definitely want her to have yours." He said with a little smirk, earning an eyeroll from Niall.

"Well we'll see then. But you do know that she could come out with neither mine not eyes right?" Niall asked and Harry nodded thoughtfully.

"Yeah, I know that. But as long as she gets your cute button nose I'll be happy." He grinned.

Niall shook his head fondly and was about to answer but he was interrupted by a cry.

A baby's cry.

Their baby's first cry.

"Oh my god!" Harry covered his mouth with his hands, looking at Niall with wide eyes. "Is that... Is that her?"

Niall had happy tears rolling down his cheeks and he nodded happily. "Yeah, that's her." He tried to wipe his tears as best as he could. "She's here Haz, our baby is here."

"I-" Harry's sentence was cut off by the doctor speaking.

"Congratulations boys. You are proud parents to a bouncing baby girl." She smiled widely and after looking at her properly, Harry saw her eyes pooling with tears.

"Thank you thank you thank you..." Harry chanted, looking between Niall and the doctor.

"Would you like to cut the cord?" The doctor asked Harry and he nodded, walking over and cutting the cord of the crying baby.

She was then wiped and placed on Niall's chest who had been crying  with happiness all long. The baby stopped crying immediately and curled up on her dad's chest.

"I love you Princess." Niall said and stroked her cheek then he gently rubbed her back. "You are so cute."

There was a click and Niall looked up to see Harry holding his phone. He had just snapped a picture of his daughter and her 'mummy'.