Chapter. 24

Niall's heart missed a beat and he was quick to jump in Harry's defense.

"Lewis leave him alone, what the hell?" There was a warning tone to Niall's voice and Lewis would have caught it if he wasn't so pissed.

"Who do you think you are to just show up here?" Lewis kept glaring at Harry whose eyes were cast to the floor.

Before Niall could speak up again, Greg jumped in, he didn't know why Lewis was acting like that towards Harry.

"Lewis we all know you had a thing for Niall when he brought you home back then but Harry is Janelle's other father, so if you could drop the jealousy, that'd be great." He said, trying to lighten up the mood because Niall and Lewis were only friends but the reaction he got was not one he was expecting.

"Father? What?" Lewis' eyes widened and he looked at Niall who was glaring at him.

"Can I talk to you in the hall?" He asked Harry. He was angry but he saw the glare from Niall and he knew that he shouldn't say anything infront of the family.

Harry glanced at Niall and left the room, hearing Maura ask Niall what was going on.

"Look Capaldi-" Harry started to say but Lewis cut him off angrily.

"No don't you even dare 'Capaldi' me. Don't you fucking dare." Lewis fumed. "Do you have any idea of what Niall had to go through because of you? Obviously you have no idea, because you wouldn't fucking show your face anywhere near him if you knew." By now he was pacing back and forth.

"Capaldi, I know okay. And trust me I hate myself everyday for it but I asked for forgiveness. I know saying sorry isn't enough-" Harry was cut off by Lewis.

"You are damn right it's not! And if you care about Niall and the baby that much then fucking leave them alone! There's a child involved now and if you decide to pull what you pulled back in Scotland, not only Niall will be affected but the kid as well." Lewis was trying really hard to lower his voice because they were in the hospital and they didn't fancy getting kicked out.

"I will not do that to Niall. Why are you so sure that I will?" Harry asked through gritted teeth.

Lewis rolled his eyes and looked at Harry with a 'duh' expression. "Bad habits die hard."

Harry's nose flared. How dare Lewis judge him?

Yes what he did was completely unacceptable but Lewis had no right to judge him if Niall was okay with him.

"You hurt him, Styles, bad. You brought not only heartache hut shame on him. Imagine having to graduate in absentia because he couldn't stand what you did to him-"

Lewis was interrupted by a third voice which made both lads turn around and he was met with none other than Bobby Horan.

No words were uttered as the two lads looked at Bobby, wondering if he had heard or not. While he was looking back at them with an unreadable expression on his face.

The tension could be cut with a knife and Harry felt like digging a hole and burrying himself in it.

He was internally choking on the air he was breathing.

"Is it true?" Bobby asked, confirming their doubts that he had heard them.

Harry was silent, hoping that Lewis would answer the hard truth. Lewis on the other hand, too was hoping that Harry would answer, he was after all the one who had hurt Niall.

"Is it true?" Bobby asked again, calmly. He was too calm and that just made both lads shiver with fear even though Lewis was in the clear.

Harry willed himself to look up at the older man and when he met his eyes, he felt frozen.