Chapter.9

Niall woke up with stinging eyes, tear stained and blotchy cheeks. A clear indication that he had cried himself to sleep and probably cried in his sleep.

The previous night, Niall had made dinner for both him and Nick and after dinner they had decided to watch a movie.

It was Niall's turn to pick a movie and so he chose Bambi. However, Nick had to leave a few minutes in the movie because he was dozing and he needed to sleep as he was required to be at work very early the next morning.

It had been two days since Niall had seen Harry at the mall.

So Niall told him goodnight and he stayed up as he continued to watch the movie and munch on crisps.

However, he couldn't hold himself together when Bambi's mother died and he had to stop watching because he couldn't handle it.

The movie plus pregnancy hormones made Niall cry hysterically that night.

And then that morning, he got out of bed, stretched and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and when he saw the state he was in, all the memories of Bambi loosing his mother in such a way came rushing back to him.

He didn't cry but he was feeling low. All through washing up and preparing himself, he felt low. He almost didn't wanna go to work but he figured he'd be more miserable if he spent his day alone.

And so when he dressed up, he went to the kitchen, planning on just having a cup of tea and then going to work.

However, when he got to the kitchen he was met with none other than Nick placing two plates of chocolate chip pancakes on the table.

"Nick? Aren't you gonna be late for work?" Niall asked as he looked at his wrist watch.

"Well, good morning to you too. No I won't be late, I called in to tell them I'll go in a bit late." Nick smiled and motioned for Niall to take a seat.

"Oh okay." Niall said as he sat down.

"So how did you slee- wait are you okay?" Nick asked when he saw Niall's face. It was everything you would see in a person who had been crying and didn't get enough sleep.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay." Niall said, cursing himself internally for stuttering because Nick could read him like a book.

"No you are not. Now what is wrong?" Nick asked and Niall sighed.

He knew that Nick was good at knowing how Niall was feeling even without being told. And he especially got good at it when Niall told him about the pregnancy.

"I just...it's stupid, really. The reason I didn't sleep well. I'm fine now so don't worry about it." Niall started to say but his friend shot him a pointed look with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright fine, do you remember the movie that we were watching last night?" Niall asked and Nick nodded.

"Bambi."

"Yeah, well... I just thought about...  what if I die when my baby is born and they are left alone? I can't imagine my baby being alone Nick or being raised by someone who is not me." Niall sniffled.

Nick stood up and went around the island to wrap his arms around Niall.

"Niall, are you not okay? Did the doctor tell you something about your health that I don't know of?" Nervousness could clearly be heard in Nick's voice as he asked Niall that.

"No I'm okay and healthy so is the baby. I was thinking of what happened to Bambi's mother, it was clearly unexpected and she died. What if I die and leave my baby by themselves in this vast wild world?" Silent tears were now streaming down Niall's face but he didn't bother wiping them away because he knew that they would just keep falling.