03

no one's pov

jisung heard an angry voice from below. it startled him and he pulled back to look at the unknown boy. he saw a tall, black haired figure looking up at him, with widened, prominent eyes and one hell of an irritated look.

"i- u-uh"

jisung looked down at the kitten, who was purring from the warmth of his embrace. he wanted to tell this stranger that he was saving it but i guess the cat got his tongue. the boy grew more and more impatient and you could tell from his facial expression.

"get the hell away!"

jisung flinched and made his way down the tree with the cat. as soon as he reached the ground, the boy grabbed the kitten from him and gave him a deathly glare. jisung was slightly annoyed at his reaction and a new sense of confidence had suddenly grew in him.

"woah, calm down dude! i was just saving her, she was stuck in the tree and i couldn't just leave her there!"

jisung realised the boy was the owner of the cat, which means this was the guy from the bus. the boy was taken aback by what jisung said, as he had misunderstood his actions completely.

"o-oh, i didn't know." he mumbled.

"sorry, what was that?"

"i'm sorry, i didn't know those were your intentions." the boy said in a slightly firm tone.

jisung huffed at his insincere apology but brushed it off. he wasn't really one to hold grudges or be petty like that unless it really hurt his feelings.

"well you're welcome" jisung crossed his arms, bothered by the wind and this random stranger's cold demeanour.

the two stood in awkward silence for what felt like hours. jisung couldn't believe this was the same boy he saw on the bus. he really is cute, he thought to himself. then the boy spoke up,

"him."

"what?"

"him. he's a dude."

"ohh, the kitten?"

"his name is dori." the boy said, stroking his cat.

"that's a cute name. why was he up in the tree?"

"i don't know, he must have ran out my door. i only got him today from the adoption center and he's already causing trouble." the boy lightly laughed and jisung swore his heart nearly did a backflip.

"wait, do you live here?" jisung questioned, pointing to the building before them.

"yes, why do you ask?"

"i live here too."

"really, which apartment?" the boy's tone had softened as he became less defensive in jisung's presence.

"uh," jisung hesitated to answer as he just met this stranger but they live in the same building so what's the worst thing that could happen?

"210" he said straightforwardly.

"wait, you're my next door neighbour?! i live in 212."

jisung stared at the boy in disbelief. it grew awkward once again.

"okay i have to go now, bye."

"oh okay, i'm minho by the way." the boy smiled and waved at jisung.

jisung walked around minho and into the building, quickly going up the elevator, hoping he wasn't being followed. thankfully, he wasn't. jisung entered his apartment and decided to take a nap.

-

meanwhile, minho sat himself on a bench outside. he felt a small guilt stirring in his stomach and he held dori to face him.

"dori, maybe i overreacted a little too much, huh? i had my reasons though... you can't blame me!"

dori licked his grey fur in response, clearly not having a single care for his owner talking to him.

"i should've said sorry properly, i thought he was some creep trying to steal you. he's pretty cute though, right sweetie?"

and with that, he stood up, holding his small child in his arms and walked inside the building, back to his two other children.
________________________________

[ a/n ; my writing is so bad,, this is gonna be such a flop. don't worry, next chapter we will learn more about jisung and minho :D ]