04

no one's pov

10:25pm -
jisung had awaken from his nap. he had slept for the whole day since he came back home from college. he groaned as he sat up from his bed and switched on his phone, flinching at the sudden light appearing before his eyes. his eyesight was slightly blurry at first but he managed to read the texts through slow blinks.

[ 8 new messages ]

lix
jisung
delivered at 5:19pm

jisung
jISUNG
delivered at 6:43pm

jisungieeee
wheredafuk are yOU
are you dead or smthn
wait you can't answer that if you're dead lol
you squirrel bitch, come back alive nOw i have tea to spill !!
delivered at 9:47pm

jisung wasn't surprised that the only messages he got was from his best friend. he didn't really text the others in the friend group, felix always spoke for both of them to be honest as jisung wasn't that bothered with texting. and he knew felix wouldn't be worried about him ghosting for 5-10 business days because he hardly ever replied.

he rubbed his eyes and quickly messaged him back to tell him he is in fact alive and breathing and then found his way to the kitchen.

"oooooh ramen" he said to himself, grabbing the packet and filling a saucepan with water.

however, right next to the sink, sat a small friend of jisung's.

jisung screamed for his life when his eyes fell to something moving on the side of the sink to see a hairy spider, about the size of a tablespoon, and being a victim of arachnophobia, he did not take it well. he dropped the saucepan in the sink and turned off the tap within seconds.

"WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK!"

he screamed as he dashi ran into his living room, jumping on the couch and shaking his entire body as if he could feel it crawling on his skin.

"shit shit shit what do i do what do i do?"

he wouldn't even dare to go and face that spider himself. he'd rather die than face that fear. so without a second thought, he bolted to the door, still wearing slippers and the striped pyjamas he slept in.

he knocked desperately on the door next to his, not even thinking clearly at all. and after knocking the door continuously, it had finally opened. jisung froze and stopped knocking immediately, not because the door opened, but because of who opened it.

"oh hi it's you.. um.. are you okay?"

the boy he saw from this afternoon stood before jisung, holding a ginger and white cat and that's when it hit him; minho is his next door neighbour!!! how did he forget this?

jisung mentally facepalmed himself and became self conscious, shrinking in his red pyjamas and bunny slippers. his face became red out of embarrassment and he began fidgeting with his fingers.

"oh right, yeah um i'm okay."

"that's good... so why are you here?"

minho's voice was raspy and he sounded like he had just woken up. jisung hesitated to answer. after his confident act he put up earlier today, he couldn't show this scared, vulnerable side to some stranger all of a sudden. but he also really couldn't face that spider even if it meant to save his own life.

"uh i'm sorry if i woke you up but i have a problem. in my kitchen. and i kinda need your help."

"oh it's fine but sure what is it?"

"there's a-a s-spider."

jisung managed to get his words out without vomiting and his hands started shaking. he didn't know why this happened but he always got so nervous about spiders. he's not even traumatised about anything, it's merely just a phobia.

minho noticed jisung's uneasiness and put the cat down inside before closing his door. he gave the other a small smile to show he wanted to help him and he followed an awkward jisung into the apartment right next to his as they made their way to the kitchen.

"u-uh it's in there."

jisung pointed to the sink while standing in the doorway.

haha, cute minho thought, noticing jisung's wardrobe choice.

he walked towards the spider, grabbing a glass and a piece of paper he searched for on the table. jisung watched his every move, unable to look at the spider. he must have done this before he thought.

minho let the spider out of the window and turned around to jisung, who came out of his hiding place behind the door.

"all done!" he smiled at jisung.

"thank you, really, i hate spiders."

"i can see that" he said and they both giggled, it was a short and somewhat awkward moment.

"i guess i'll be going then."

"oh right yeah okay."

minho made his way out of the kitchen to the front door. jisung followed behind him. as he was about to open the door, he turned back around to face jisung and asked him,

"do you want to eat ramen with me?"

jisung widened his eyes and felt his cheeks burning up. such a simple question flustered him as minho was so blatantly handsome.

"now?"

"sure, why not? i want to say sorry for how i reacted earlier."

"oh no you don't have to, it's nothing don't worry about it."

"i want to, please?"

how could he resist those deep brown eyes and such a warm soft smile? jisung cleared his throat before answering "sure, okay."

he quickly grabbed his keys, not that he'd need them anyway. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"by the way, i never got your name."

"jisung. han jisung."

they smiled at each other and jisung followed minho out of his apartment before switching the lights off and locking his door.
________________________________

[ a/n ; idk whats happening to me but its 3am right now and i just wrote this whole chapter so sorry if the writing isn't the best eeee]