22

no one's pov

no one's pov

it had been a week since jisung's disappearance. he received countless messages and calls from his and minho's friend groups, even voice notes from seungmin, who was characteristically too lazy to type out a 5000-word-essay worth of concern. yet their attempts to contact him was to no avail as neither parties received any replies.

that week by far was the worst week minho had suffered. he had no clue of jisung's whereabouts and had no chance in finding out. he just vanished. he couldn't even go to the police, as they needed evidence that jisung didn't leave on his own terms since he did get into the car himself. it was torture, hell on earth.

minho had stopped eating and sleeping properly, constantly tossing and turning in bed, worrying about the boy he used to see every day. how could he sleep when the person he loves cut off all forms of contact from him and their friends.

felix and chan checked up on minho a couple of times a day but he only opened the door to them twice that whole week. they didn't want him to end up the way jisung did last time. they couldn't help jisung right now or back then, but they could help minho. they often arrived with containers of homemade food, which was left untouched inside the refrigerator.

his friends were quiet, also frustrated that they had to continue their daily lives as if one of their good friends didn't go missing suddenly. changbin occasionally called minho to see how he was, apologising that he couldn't visit since he lived all across the town and rarely saw minho in the hallways of jyp college.

jisung, on the other hand, was at jungkook's apartment. it was so far away, farther than he expected. it would take over an hour to go back home or even the college. what have you gotten into, jisung..

jungkook told jisung that if he didn't stay with him, he would hurt the boy he saw with him at the gazebo. jisung knew that jungkook didn't know who minho was or where the two even lived, but he couldn't risk putting them in danger. if someone had to get hurt, it wouldn't be minho. he can't ruin the only good thing in jisung's life right now.

but that was soon short-lived when jungkook stole jisung's phone, cutting him from contacting everyone and anyone. he couldn't even go to college to see them and he didn't know anyone from this area. he was stuck with his ex-boyfriend, who seemed to want him back.

that friday evening soon after dusk fell, minho sat cross-legged on his sofa with soonie purring in his lap. that whole week was tiring and he wished he didn't have so much work left to do for the weekend. his stomach grumbled but he ignored his inner cries for food. he didn't deserve to eat when he didn't know whether jisung was even sleeping under a roof.

then out of the blue, minho's phone rang, expecting a certain name to pop up, his heart bubbling every time he heard a call coming through. upon seeing sanha's name as the caller id, that bubble popped. he sighed in disappointment as he had been doing for the past week and picked up with no enthusiasm.