0.5

It's been 2 or 3 weeks, and Daniel already feels happier than he has in a very long time, Daniel finally felt free, which is something he hasn't felt like in quite a long time.

"Eli!" someone yelled who he immediately recognized as Corbyn, and right after that he felt someone jump on his back.

"Are you ready for lunch?" Corbyn said as he leaned his chest a little further into Daniel's back. The two boys had already gotten extremely close.

"I'm always ready for food!" Daniel giggled and started walking to the canteen still with Corbyn in his back.

"Hey, love birds!" Daniel turned around and was met by Jonah, who like always had a cup of coffee in his hand, Daniel still hadn't figured out how Jonah managed to drink so much coffee in one day, it was quite impressive.

" love birds? That's a new one" Corbyn said with a giggle.

"We're all just waiting for you too to date" Daniel had to admit that he fancied the fake blonde-haired boy just a bit, but he couldn't date anyone. He was the prince for god's sake, even though he seemed to forget.

"I'm not looking for a relationship Jonah, I've already told you, plus Corbs here and I are just good pals," Daniel said with a genuine smile not wanting to offend anyone.

"When did you start talking like some British royalty person? Jonah said with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" Daniel said with a jokingly pout.

"Good pals," Jonah quoted still laughing.

"Stop bullying my vocabulary you mean shit," Daniel said starting to laugh as well.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry your highness" Daniel immediately felt a lump in his throat, he knew Jonah was just joking, but it still made him guilty that he was lying about almost everything to his best friends.

"Why do you look like you just saw a ghost?" Jonah said seriously.

"I-"

Daniel's phone started ringing, Daniel quickly took it out of his pocket and saw that it was his dad.

"Sorry, I have to take this" and with that said Corbyn slid down from his back, and Daniel put his phone to his ear.

"Hello father"

"Hello Daniel, we haven't talked for a while, how are you doing son?" Daniel looked over at his friends, that were already looking at him, he held two fingers up and walked out of the canteen, in hope for some privacy.

"It's been good father, everyone here is very sweet, and I've gotten some amazing friends."

"That's good son, so what I wanted to talk to you about is you're soon turning 18, and you don't have any wedding plans yet. Which is why you soon have to have an arranged marriage if you don't find someone"

"I'm not having an arranged marriage father," Daniel said, accidently a bit too loud, because a few people started staring his way, Daniel just smiled and acted like it was a joke.

"If you don't find someone you have to, I'm sorry."

"Whatever, I gotta go"

"We're not done talking about this Daniel-"

Daniel hung up, his mood quickly went from 100 to 0, and his friends quickly realized when he walked back into the canteen.

"Wow what's wrong, it looks like you're gonna kill someone," Jack said, probably trying to lighten the mood.

"Nothing," Daniel said with a sigh, throwing his phone at the table.

"Dude watch out! That's like the newest iPhone- those aren't cheap" Jonah exclaimed as he looked at Daniel who just shrugged. sometimes Jonah really acted like a dad.

"I couldn't care less right now," Daniel said angrily, but immediately regretted it when he saw the faces of the others.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you." Daniel's fingers found his hair, and he tugged hard at it.

beep

Daniel heard his phone beep, and his heart got caught in his throat when he saw Jonah pick it up.

"I'm serious about the arranged marriage son, and don't you dare ever act like that towards me again." Jonah read out loud and sent Daniel a confused look.

Daniel just laughed trying to play it off as a joke.

"Arranged marriage, are you famous or something?"

"Nononono, it's just an inside joke between my dad and I," Daniel said.

"Okay then, anyone up for hanging out today?"

"Why not, are we hanging out at Elijah's  this time? We've never been there"

"Uh sure," Daniel said, quickly sending a message to Claus about having friends home with him.

--------

this is unedited because i cba with editing this right now xoxo