2.7

For Daniel it was like the whole world just stopped, he started shaking, as he looked around at all the gasping people, who were just staring at him, wondering how they hadn't noticed sooner, that the prince had been walking beside them every day for the last few months.

Daniel placed his hands in his pocket to hide his shaking hands, no one said a word this was probably the quietest any room at this school had ever been, the only sound to be heard was the sound of cameras.

Daniel hugged his dad and cleared his throat as he stood in front of the microphone.

"I'm sorry" was the first thing he said, and his voice cracked as he looked down at his friends, who all looked at him with disappointed faces.

"Hello, my name is Daniel James Seavey, the future king of this country, but most of you know me as Elijah Walsh. I'm so sorry for lying to you guys, but I had to. Joining a normal school has been one of my biggest wishes ever since I started homeschooling in the palace, but the only way to join a public school for me, was to go undercover as someone else, so I did, and here we are. We made it, didn't we? I know some of you may be disappointed, but I need you guys to know that nothing I ever did was fake, and in no way did I fake what I was feeling, some of you guys mean the world to me, not to Elijah Walsh, but to me, Daniel.
I want to thank you guys for everything, Thank you for being nice to me, and I want to say a special thanks to the best friends that I've ever had, you guys mean so much to me, and I can't tell you guys how much I've hated the fact that I couldn't tell you who I am, or how much I've hated having to lie to you the whole time. And to the one I hurt because of my selfish needs, I'm sorry, I really wanted to, but I just can't, and know you know why. I hope all of you can forgive me for this. And I'm so proud of every single one of you, you guys made it! Even those of you who thought you wouldn't" Daniel said just wanting this to be over, in all honesty, Daniel just wanted to go a few months back and do this all again.

Daniel forced himself to smile as he felt his dad's hand landing on his back, while he waited for this whole graduation ceremony to be over so that he could talk to Corbyn and the others, maybe he could even explain himself, and try to make them see it from his point of view, all Daniel wanted at this moment were for them to be okay, and to go back to how they were acting when they still thought that Daniel's name was Elijah and that he wasn't someone special, 'cause Daniel isn't someone special, he's just a teenage boy with big responsibilities weighing down on his shoulders.

"- Thank you all for today, good luck in the future" as soon as that was said people started clapping as everyone started to walk outside.

"I'm sorry dad, I have to fix some things, see you later" Daniel quietly whispered to his dad before taking off in the same direction he just saw Jack headed, and when he finally caught up to Jack he realized that all of them were there, every single one of his friends and their parents, and when the older people realized he was there they immediately bowed.

"there's no need for you guys to bow," Daniel said quietly, feeling a bit sick about the fact that these people he had met on a few occasions and had seen him as a normal teenage boy now was bowing for him.

"What do you want Daniel," Corbyn said, and Daniel didn't like the tone that Corbyn had used as he said his name.

"Corbyn! You do not talk to the prince like that" Saskia scolded him, and Daniel just shrugged.

"It's whatever Mrs. Besson i deserve it, but on another note, can I talk to you guys in private maybe?" Daniel asked softly.

"you have 5 minutes" was all that Tate said before she started walking in a direction where no one was.

"Thank you, first of all, I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry, but you have to see this from my point of view, I've wanted to feel normal so long, and I finally did, yeah it came at a cost," Daniel said as soon as they were far enough for no one to hear them.

"You still lied to us" Jack pointed out as he crossed his arms over another.

"It isn't that big of a deal, is it? Whether my name is Elijah or not can be irrelevant." Daniel simply said in a bored tone, which he hadn't of meant to use, but all his training as a king had kicked in, he had always been taught that to put up walls around him as soon as anyone started talking even the slightest bit down to him.

"Not that big of a deal?! you lied Daniel, you lied about EVERYTHING, It's not about your name, it's about trust, and you clearly didn't trust us. Yeah, I get that you weren't allowed to say the truth, but you know that none of us would've said anything to anyone. We would have kept it a secret." Corbyn rambled as he stepped a step closer to Daniel, who at the same time took a step back, Daniel had never seen this side of Corbyn before, and it honestly scared him.

"I know, I'm sorry" Daniel replied mumbling a bit.

"I'm sorry?! I'm sorry my ass. You know what Daniel, the only thing you and your royal blood brings is drama, that none of us wants part in, so don't you even think about contacting any of us after this, I don't want to see your face ever again." was all Corbyn said before he walked away, and Daniel felt his last piece of hope crumble as he saw the others walk the same way as Corbyn, Jonah seemed to hesitate a bit more, but eventually he walked away, sending Daniel a sad smile. This time Daniel couldn't hold back the tears, he didn't do anything to wipe them away, he just looked straight ahead for a few minutes, as he felt the silent tears running down his cheeks.

-----------

i love you guys, thank you for everything.