2.5

"We graduate tomorrow, it's fucking insane, it feels like we've always been here, I literally can't remember life before high school," Gabbie said as she slammed her locker shut.

"Me neither," Tate said as she leaned back against the locker, and the others just nodded while Daniel stood there a little awkwardly.

"Well, I definitely remember life before this, and let me tell you, it was shit," Daniel said with a laugh, trying to cover up the darkness laced in his former words, because truth be told, his life was shit before this, I mean yeah sure, he's the future king and all that, but he's also human, just a teenage boy, a teenage boy who hasn't been able to live life to the fullest, Daniel had missed all the funny parts and all the dumb parts about being young. He hasn't experienced his first heartbreak, he hasn't gotten shitfaced drunk, and he hasn't even been on stupid late night walks to target with his friends at 5 am. 

And on top of that his life at home isn't even great, he has no mum, and some times it feels like his dad hates him, and he does not even have time for friends, not that it matters anyway cause his dad won't let him meet new people. The castle gets pretty lonely for Daniel, pretty fast. What's the fun living in a big castle if you never see a single soul anyway? What's the fun in living in a castle with so many more rooms than ever needed, and being loaded with money, when he knows that there are people out there with nothing, and people who are homeless, and especially the people destroying themselves by having multiple jobs, just to get by. And all he does is nothing, and still, he has so much more money than he could ever use no matter what he buys. Daniel truly hated every single second of it, especially since he knew that his dad didn't really do anything charity related unless it's being broadcasted on live tv, which was something daniel is gonna change once he becomes the king. 

"Elijah? you zoned out once again, are you okay?" Daniel sighed, and nodded while he felt the urge of wanting to tell them coming closer.

"I'm okay," Daniel said with a smile, and he was, he was okay, but he could definitely be better.

"if you say so," said Corbyn as he wrapped his arms around Daniel's waist, which made Daniel smile showing off his tooth gap to everyone around him.

"so are you guys dating yet?" asked tate as he looked up from her phone.

"uh" said Daniel as he panicked, he knew that Corbyn liked him, and he's pretty sure that Corbyn knows that he likes him as well, but they hadn't made anything official due to Daniel, not being able to date anyone, well at least anyone who's not royalty, or has a big influence.

"nope, Elijah doesn't want me," Corbyn said jokingly, but Daniel noticed the hurt tone hidden in his voice.

"Well, I might steal your manz then Elijah," said Christina, as he moved Corbyn's hands away from Daniel's waist and around herself.

Daniel just sent her a glare and started laughing two seconds after.

"anyways guys I gotta go, have to make sure the rest is ready for tomorrow," Tate said, and the others soon followed leaving only Daniel and Corbyn back.

"I'm honestly scared." 

"Same" Said Daniel, as he once again thought about all the possibles outcomes of tomorrow.

"I'm sorry" 

"Why are you sorry?" Corbyn asked, obviously confused.

"I'm sorry, for everything," replied Daniel in case he would never get to chance to apologize.

"you have nothing to apologize for bub" Corbyn hugged the other boy.

"Trust me I do," Daniel said as they parted again. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said before placing a soft kiss on Corbyn's lips, possibly for the last time ever. 

--------

hi this is unedited sorry, also there are only like 2 chapters left, and then I'm gonna make a sequel someday in the future, I just don't know when yet. but after this, I'm probably gonna need a break from writing this story, and then write something else first lmao, or else I'm gonna hit a very hard writer's block.