1.6

the next few weeks went by way too quick, there was only a little over a month before graduation, and while the others were looking forward to graduating and getting out of here, Daniel hated it. He didn't have much time left with his friends, and every time they would talk about how fun they were gonna have it together after graduation, Daniel felt the pain of his lies throughout his whole body.

He couldn't imagine what they would think about him, after finding out that he's been lying this whole time.

there was one more thing Daniel was sad about, and that was having to push Corbyn away. Yes, they were still best friends, but everything was different now, everyone could tell that something had happened, but people had given up on figuring out exactly what had caused the awkward tension. And it physically hurt Daniel having to push the guy he liked away.

"helloooo, earth to Elijah," someone said as they waved a hand in front of Daniel's face.

"yeah what, sorry?" Daniel said a bit confused.

"I was just about to tell you about today's news, and I wanted to make sure that everyone was listening," Gabbie said, and Daniel slowly nodded, not really knowing where this was going.

"The prince Daniel Seavey is supposedly engaged to some french princess!" Gabbie said excitedly!

Daniel choked on his own spit.

"He'S WHAT?!"

"engaged? did you even listen to what I was saying?"

"Sorry I have to make a phone call," Daniel said and hurried away.

"hmm weird," jonah said, before going back to his coffee.

when daniel was a place where no one would hear him he immediately called his dad.

"Hello son"

"What is this about me being engaged to the french princess?!" daniel asked feeling angry, he wasn't gonna marry some french princess.

"well you see son- you're 18 now, you have to get married sooner or later, so if you don't find someone soon you'll have to date her."

"I don't want to dad," Daniel said softly not wanting to raise his voice, he'd be dead if someone heard him right now.

"I don't care, Daniel, it's for the kingdoms best, and you, son will do as I said," his dad said harshly, and Daniel's eyes began to burn. Don't fucking cry Daniel, fight it.

"okay" was all Daniel said before hanging up, fighting back the tears, a few tears escaped his eyes, but that was it. Daniel quickly wiped his eyes with his sweater covered hand, and then went back to the others.

"Hey, Are you okay?" Tate asked looking at Daniel with a worried look, soon everyone at the table's eyes were on him.

"Yeah, why shouldn't I be?" Daniel replied hoping he could fool the others.

"Well for once your eyes are red, and your phone is going off, but instead of picking it up you're just glaring at it" Daniel didn't even notice that.

"oh," Daniel said with an uneasy giggle.

"I'm fine, don't worry"

"Okay if you say so, just know that you can always come to us if you have anything you want to talk about," Tate said with a soft smile.

"I know, thank you" Daniel replied, and returned her smile.

--------

sorry for this shitty update, and the fact that i haven't updated this story much lately, but yeah im drowning in homework, i literally have to make a whole danish essay today, and i cba.

im just gonna drop out and work at mcd for the rest of my life lol