Chapter 1

Beep, Beep, Beep

The sound of my alarm clock ringing, causes me to wake up and open my somewhat puffy and crusty eyes. Last night was tough like always, I fell asleep sobbing for my parents, begging god for all of this to be a nightmare and for me to wake up to the smell of my mom making breakfast and my dad getting ready to leave for work. But like always this was reality and it couldn't be changed. I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands and realize that sunlight is coming through my blinds. I turn my neck to see my alarm clock so fast that I might have gotten whiplash.

"Shit, I was suppose to be up about an hour ago!" I jump off my bed and dash to my sister's room. She just turned 5, which means she gets to go to school this year. I open her room door and before I could scream for her to wake up, I see that it's empty. I look around and notice that her bed is done and that her school uniform is missing. I panic not seeing her where I last left her. "Jane! Jane, where are you!" I scream while running down the stairs.

I run pass the living room and kitchen until I see a small figure in there. I stop mid stride and go back. I see Jane sitting in the kitchen table eating cereal, while reading her favorite book. "Jane? What are you doing, peaches?" I call her by the nickname my parents gave her since little. She looks up from the book and smiles at me with her sweet but simple smile. She was the replica of my mother. Dark brown hair with electric blue eyes that you could drown yourself in. I on the other hand was told that I looked more like my father. Simple light brown almost blonde hair with blue eyes that lost their brightness the day I lost my parents.

"Hey penny, I was just eating cereal. Why, do you want some? I can make you some." My little sister asks. She is the sweetest person I know, which was the reason why my parents nicknamed her peaches.

I shook my head while saying, "No, I'm fine. I just didn't see you in your room,so I got scared." After checking everything was fine and there was nothing suspicious, I relaxed a bit. But of course my life doesn't go the way I want it to, so instead of relaxing more I do the opposite which is stress. "I forgot about school! I'm going to go take a shower real quick and I want you to be by the front door when I'm finish. Ok?" I say while running up the steps of the house my parents left us. Before entering my room I heard a faint okay letting me know that my sister understood.

                *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Like always I left running knowing that I probably left something I was gonna need. Closing the door behind me, I turn to see my baby. The motorcycle my parents gave me for my birthday the day before they died. It was a red 2019 Honda CB300R, which was the motorcycle of my dreams. Many people thought I was irresponsible for taking my sister for rides on it, but because it was the last thing my parents left me I wasn't going to get rid of it. When I was done drooling over my baby, I made sure to strap Jane tightly on the motorcycle and sped to Jane's school.

I loved to feel the wind going through my hair, making me forget about the nightmare that was inescapable. It was as if I was free for a couple of seconds, but like a dream it was over before I could realize. Unstrapping Jane from the bike, I put her to the ground and walk her to the front of the building. "I love you peaches with all my heart and I would be lost without you," I say my goodbye to Jane like I normally do and she says hers back. " I love you too, penny," she says with a wave and a quick bye before running to meet with her friends. With those words I was ready to start my day or so I though.

So...Did you like it?
If you would like me to keep on writing it please let me know.
Thanks for taking the time to read this :)